Bharat Electroincs New Tablet ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
It so happens that I live near BEL (Bharat Electronics) Factory in Bangalore, and came across a huge ad about a new Tablet. I checked their site and no information was available. I vaguely recall the UI, it resembles Android but nothing more can be said about that. There are no specs or price/availability on that ad.

Does anyone know any thing about this?

only tablet like device on their site is simputer .. but the ad shows a different device.

Bharat Electronics

currently there is some connectivity problem with the site and the site is not loading.

EDIT: I will take a snap and post it here when I go to that place next time.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Not very surprising. It seems many different manufacturers are jumping the tablet bandwagon now. First Micromax Funbook then we had the Daksha and this.
Well it will probably be a entry level tab :wink:

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Not very surprising. It seems many different manufacturers are jumping the tablet bandwagon now. First Micromax Funbook then we had the Daksha and this.
Well it will probably be a entry level tab :wink:

But its not like other companies.. Bharat Electroinics has it own factories.. not like others where its manufactured by factories owned by others.. even Apple has iPad manufactured by Foxconn :p ..

if I am right this might be the first and only device designed and manufactured in India. May be except the license of ARM Architecture.

I had taken the pictures yesterday in my brothers Blackberry will post it today.

For those who dont know about Bharat Electronics .. here is the wiki link Bharat Electronics Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom