[Views] Beware of Lynx-India.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
I wanted to buy RE-ZERO earphone from lynx. but after reading so many negative comments which is spreading on net like fire, i cant risk my 5k. can u guys suggest any other place to buy re-zero. i m in bangalore

Tech&ME

Banned
@Static_x

Can you please post the IOMEGA product name and model no. that you purchased from him please.

Are you talking about this:
*go.iomega.com/en/products/multimedia-drive/screenplay/?partner=4750

Which one did you buy ?

Last edited:
OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
@Tech&Me
Buddy it was Iomega Screenplay Director..

Guys, finally I heard from the Techincal head of Iomega and told me that as a special case he would provide me their top model i.e Iomega director MX 2 TB which is much better than the older one....and if I'm still not satisfied then money back...
So..I think I should try this one too and then I'll decide what to do...!!

Tech&ME

Banned
@Tech&Me
Buddy it was Iomega Screenplay Director..

Guys, finally I heard from the Techincal head of Iomega and told me that as a special case he would provide me their top model i.e Iomega director MX 2 TB which is much better than the older one....and if I'm still not satisfied then money back...
So..I think I should try this one too and then I'll decide what to do...!!

ok then, good luck this time.

if everything goes well, then please post photos and a review of the product in this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase.html

tkin

Back to school!!
Your errors:

1. Going to Lynx.
2. Listening to a distributor/dealer in India about product recommendations.
3. Falling for "word-of-mouth" that the offered device will work for your data feeds.
4. Not researching an expensive product online. Ad-hoc/on-the-fly purchase.
5. Not going back to the shop to return it.
6. Not taking care of the device -- scratches.

What you can do:
1. Put it up for re-sale and honestly tell the capabilities.
2. Keep it.
Nice summation, respect man, pure respect to you.

PS: Adhoc reminds me of software testing, damn that was one boring subject.

Pompy

Broken In
Ashish ,
Very Funny .You come To The shop ask me about products i give my opinion .You say i will research and you come back after many days but do not buy just see the products .Then again you come back one day and say you are comming back but you still do not turn back But come the next day for a personal pickup .Does This not give you ample time to reasearch the product you were buying you are trying put all the blame on us here .Its clearly mentions it plays 1080 files .It Plays Then Too " In Your Own Words " But Not All .So Its My Fault Or The Manufacturers Fault ? .Who Should Be Responsible For Warranty And support .This Product Is Covered With Manufacturer Warranty And Not Lynx Warranty

PS : I Do not import this and sell it i am a dealer .

So instead Of Giving wrong information to people here .Why do you not tell them that You send it back to me instead of talking it to a service center and asking them all of this .You Contacted IOMEGA in so many ways and they are definately trying to help you .I Cannot Help You Cos i Am Not A Service Center i Am a Dealer .So My question is you should have talked to them in the first place .And BTW Ashish The Day it Came Back i Told My Staff To Do Exactly As You Wanted .Its Not Me But Mr Arun @ Lynx Who Told Me That The Packing Is Opened Up In a Very Bad Manner And Other Person Will Not Accept It .Upon Opening Up Of The Package We Found Some Missing Packings And Also the Plastic Protective Cover Of The Entire Drive Missing And Torn And Removed .The Plastic Under This Was Badly Scratched From Many Places Virtually Rendering it non selleable to others who would like to buy it . I tried To Explain You But You Restored To this Kind Of Language .

"I'm sorry but that was meant to hurt you in the first place...i never talk foul to anybody....But i told your staff clearly that deduct some amount because of its missing plastic cover..and send me asus and i'll deposit the balance amount if any.... "

Please Explain Me Why Should We Do It ? .

I still am open for that idea...and you can always get the unit replaced from iomega and sell it afterwards...i know it can be done...I deal with Mr. Gulbir of primeabgb and Navin of delta but they have always helped me on all thick and thin.Mr Gulbir once sent me a Cabinet of Rs.10000/= as a replacement on my one email and then i shipped him the faulty one..its your service which speaks for you not your words.

Well If You Are Wanting To Do This Then Sir I am Sorry i Am Not a Service Center .You Want To Get Rid Of The Issues You Created On a Device Like Missing Packings And Scratches And Then Sell It Cos you Do Not Like The Device .Gulbir Did This Cos He Imports That Brand And What You Recieved Was Damaged ,In My Case You took It From My Shop In a Sealed Boxed Working Condition .

I'm still open to all your suggestion but please ask yourself in the first place that "whether it was me or you who forced me and convince me to buy that on.." i was dead sure that i wont serve my purpose but only on your assurance i bought it...so think about it....

Sorry I told You My Viewpoints And I Stick To What I Say ,You Litetrally Had Days To Research .No One Can Force anyone to Buy Anything .If You were dead sure you do not want the material ,You should not have come back to my shop and purchased the same .Kindly do not shift and level such kind of blames on vendors .

i usually never speak ill about anyone but it is going out of my head....moreover i bought it for someone else so my situation is a bit awkward......your co-operation would be appreciated...sorry again my fault and i accept it.... "

Well Its Your Fault Sure It Is you do not know how to speak with your elders and use language thats filthy and uncivil .But You like to create a viewpoint which make the other fellow like me feel like a criminal .Do You realise what kind of emails you wrote me and what kind of replies i replied to you .Sit down and check them you would possibly understand what kind of language you were using my friend . Is this how to talk to people and your elders " anyways you keep it and feed your kids out of the 8000 bucks i paid you..." .You Expect me to reply to such emails ? .

Solution : As i am not the service center you should have approached the service center and told them that it plays some of your 1080 files but not all .they could have looped it someone techie from iomega to look into the same and that would have been end to this .But you send the unit to me even without me asking for the same and with all the missing parts of packing and scratches you were expecting me to take it back and give you what you wanted to buy .People On TD Forum Will Not Hear Me Talking More About this In This thread i just wanted to tell you what i wanted to and i have replied to the posting he has done .

Tech&ME

Banned
@Pompy : that's a fair justification.

Yes u are right. mate.

@static_x

In my opinion:

1. If anyone doesnot like to buy something from any particular vendor then he should just not buy from him.

2. If you cannot appreciate plz don't criticize any vendor like this.

3. I have observed members in the TDF are just making hay out of nothing with respect to vendors (example: RMA thread) and products (eg: hardware you should not buy thread)

4. I think we need to teach members how to buy products / hardware and follow warranty procedures during RMA.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yes u are right. mate.

@static_x

In my opinion:

1. If anyone doesnot like to buy something from any particular vendor then he should just not buy from him.

3. I have observed members in the TDF are just making hay out of nothing with respect to vendors (example: RMA thread) and products (eg: hardware you should not buy thread)

4. I think we need to teach members how to buy products / hardware and follow warranty procedures during RMA.

I beg to differ with your third point.

They are telling with their own experience. If they are satisfied with the vendor, why would one complain about him? simple.

Secondly, Hardware not to buy, if you see, most of the members experience the same issue with a particular product, which makes you clear about the product's quality. No way it will mislead someone.

The case here is different as OP's and vendor's argument's are different. Let's wait till OP responds to this.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
This... :D

@OP:

Seriously you gotta learn something from this experience:
- Never Listen to shopkeepers. They are clueless technically and their only skills like in talking people into buying their crap.
- If you hear bad feedback about a shop so many reputed places, why bother to buy from there.
- You don't like a brand, why get convinced by anyone else who knows less than you.

You Are definitely Right Bro.....
Online or offline (shopkeepers) usually want to Buy product which they have either high commission, any dealership, or has lots of stock...

I usually do Market research On net itself. then go to Shopkeepers and listen to all the garbage and Not on the Paper about it.
Compare it with net information (and compare products too)

then I ask him u have stock Or not to the shopkeeper and what rate and don't even listen there garbage talk. and buy product where it is Cheap....

For Online : I trust : theitdepot.com
For Offline : Stech , Pune.... Micropro: nagpur ...

Yes u are right. mate.

@static_x

In my opinion:

3. Let us assume that you buy a product " X " from Company " A" and Shop " B ". And I buy the Same product " X" Of company " A " and shop " C " .

Your product is working fine and mine is not so I am untitled to post my opinion. Your point looks like a Hitler's rule that if the product works for 9 out of 10 people then the 10th should not complain . Its his bad luck . Members are entitled to there opinion and you are one of them . They will post where they need help and you dont want to help then you can simply ignore those threads.

4. Why dont you make a guide for that ? The OP was lured into the product due to 1TB . It was his fault and another was that he should of gone to the service centre instead of vendor.

If you like a vendor " ABC " and I have a bad experience with "ABC " . I will post about it .

sygeek

Technomancer
I'm sure both the customer and the shopkeeper have explained the story in their way. Don't get offensive that's human nature. I'm just gonna re-review both of them and come back with a actual version of the story.
Well Its Your Fault Sure It Is you do not know how to speak with your elders and use language thats filthy and uncivil .But You like to create a viewpoint which make the other fellow like me feel like a criminal .Do You realise what kind of emails you wrote me and what kind of replies i replied to you .Sit down and check them you would possibly understand what kind of language you were using my friend . Is this how to talk to people and your elders " anyways you keep it and feed your kids out of the 8000 bucks i paid you..." .You Expect me to reply to such emails ? .
Anish sure looked pissed off by your attitude and the way you never told the whole story behind the scene. Sure he shouldn't have gone far beyond to this language but in my opinion as a customer he has full right to argue with you (not necessarily by abusive means), being an elder sure will give you an advantage to strike back with a mannerism lesson but I guess you should have listened to him and should have told him the solution there itself. That would have never reached the situation this far. I'm not saying you are wrong and Anish is right. BOTH OF YOU, AT SOME POINT OF TIME WERE WRONG (with each other).

Is this how to talk to people and your elders " anyways you keep it and feed your kids out of the 8000 bucks i paid you..." .You Expect me to reply to such emails ? .
Life's hard bro, don't expect everyone to be kind with you. Being a dealer you are far more prone to sentences like this by your customers.

Last edited:

sparx

TechFanatic
Just contact the Iomega India Representative about it. They are sure to replace it. Otherwise you have the option for consumer court.

One of my friend bought Yendo on its looks on the sales box. He came home and found that he had made a disaster by buying the device. He complained to "the mobile store" from where he had bought the phone, they asked him to contact the Sony Ericcson service centre regarding his grievances. The representative at the service centre agreed to Flash the firmware and if still he is not satisfied with the phone they will issue a certificate which will enable him to replace the phone with any other phone he wants to buy from the dealer irrespective of the brand.

Now thats called customer support.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Just contact the Iomega India Representative about it. They are sure to replace it. Otherwise you have the option for consumer court.

One of my friend bought Yendo on its looks on the sales box. He came home and found that he had made a disaster by buying the device. He complained to "the mobile store" from where he had bought the phone, they asked him to contact the Sony Ericcson service centre regarding his grievances. The representative at the service centre agreed to Flash the firmware and if still he is not satisfied with the phone they will issue a certificate which will enable him to replace the phone with any other phone he wants to buy from the dealer irrespective of the brand.

Really good to hear that.

Here the vendor thinks he can't do any help because he is not running a service center. :D

at least he could have assist the customer towards the service part. It's just my opinion. Also the OP has to change his way of buying products.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's really awesome. Wish all the vendors/manufacturers are like that, even if they can't provide replacement for some valid reason.

sygeek

Technomancer
Your mistake
@Pomy:
I asked him very specifically that whether it will play Hi def 1080i/p MKV files and he sais.."Kyun nahin karega jeee..sab karega...aap befikar ho ke ise use karo main hoon na.."
Were you even sure that it will play HD files, did you ever use it? Although the package says that it will play but as a dealer you should have atleast confirmed that fact before consulting him that product. Why did you even recommend him that product when you didn't know that it sucked (or did you?).
I immediately called Amarbir back and told him the entire thing and he said "Yaar aap log theek se manual to padhte nahin ho aur complaining start kar dete ho..go through the manual and do the setting accordingly and it will play."
So I once again tried everything but again nothing happened..I called him up again and now he says "Yaar go to the net and update the firmware and it will definitely play.." I asked him that how this could happen but he insisted so I tried that also..I downloaded the latest firmware and installed it...still no luck...
I guess you probably would have realized that you recommended the wrong product at that time but still instead of accepting the fact you tried to make the customer look wrong. Now, even those words weren't kind to the customer at all.
"why you people think that only 1080 is HD why dont you play 720 HD.."
That isn't a proper alternative, why didn't you just ask him to go for another product at that time, replaced with Iomega.
So i asked him what about the 400+ 1080 titles I've in my collection...then he immediately switched and said "I'm not telling you to convert 1080 to 720..but give me some time and i;ll download 1080 from net and i'll try it personally and will come back to you.." so I waited for the next few days but he never bothered to call back..
Can you bother to explain why you never replied back?
"But i told your staff clearly that deduct some amount because of its missing plastic cover..and send me asus and i'll deposit the balance amount if any.... "
If it was possible, then why didn't you do it. I guess you were probably pissed off by his use of language and you had no willingness to replace that product at that time. But at least you could have tried this as a sensible dealer when he even offered you money.
"I'm sorry but that was meant to hurt you in the first place"
" anyways you keep it and feed your kids out of the 8000 bucks i paid you..."
The customer resorted to this kind of words because of your harsh, strict and uncanny attitude. He was sure pissed of by your attitude too. You weren't readily accepting your mistake and blaming the buyer. Don't you think you should have never recommended him a faulty and suckish product at the first place. It is completely the right of the buyer to argue with the dealer but if you stick with that attitude he is sure to resort to filthy language and then you go on to explaining manners instead of trying to make him calm and telling him the SOLUTION at the first place. Although I do agree that he shouldn't have used FILTHY languages. Sentences like above are just the same as the sentences you used with him (as a buyer's viewpoint). Just because you are elder than him (although he should respect you) that doesn't mean you aren't liable to an argument by your customer.
Now don't try to teach me mannerism lessons too..

Your mistake
@Anish:
Now when i came back home and transferred few movies on it including 720p MKV, MP4, ISO, 1080i/p MKV. Now when i connected it to my TV I found that the interface was so sluggish that it took nearly 2-3 minutes to show the content of the HDD. Then I played the 720 p and it played it within 20-30 seconds of pressing the play button...similarly it played mp4 and ISO without much trouble...But when I tried playing 1080p content it simply displayed the message that "THE CONTENT YOU ARE REQUESTING IS NOT SUPPORTED" type of thing..
I tried all the settings but to no avail..
I don't expect you to be a newbie customer in the market. You probably weren't forced directly to buy that product. As a customer you probably know that dealers sometimes make false statements so as to lure customers to buy a product, and sometimes even the product's specifications lies. When you already have had a bad experience with Iomega, why did you go with it again? You reasoned between products for many days and still went for Iomega, at the same time knowing the fact about how the whole market works.
"why you people think that only 1080 is HD why dont you play 720 HD.."
You should have probably realized that you have been fooled by then. Why not use your common sense and immediately go for another product at the exact moment.
"I'm sorry but that was meant to hurt you in the first place"
" anyways you keep it and feed your kids out of the 8000 bucks i paid you..."
That wasn't sensible and civil at all when you were willing for a replacement.

Last edited:
i dont agree with amarbir, he said "Dont worry I'm here if anything goes wrong send it to me and i'll take care of it..its just a matter of 85 rupees courier it to me and i'll get it replaced...", so he should do that, not back off n blame the company for it.

atleast he should support him to reach customer center, itz bad seller response. i wont buy from lynx in future if they back off from words like this.

and about " anyways you keep it and feed your kids out of the 8000 bucks i paid you...", yeah i agree thatz a bit harsh but itz the only thing that made you reply to that guy, you know last weapon in hand kinda thing. and i believe he could have said worst than that (going to mother n sister), i would have done that if you responded to me like that. so i guess thatz the fair thing he said to you. and if you see it practically, yeah he is totally true with it, you are feeding your children with those rs. of his. :D

finally to anyone whoz blaming OP that he just showed you the one side of coin, then just suppose yourself in this kinda condition, no one will ever accept their mistake, n he was just fair with that he said "hard words", we all know what hard words mean, noone is kid around here.

@OP thanx for the info man, i was about to order a z68 mobo n haf x from lynx, now i wont do that at any cost.

i hope amarbir is seeing this post.
if you keep acting like this then forget about making your shop the best place ON INTERNET. personally in chandigarh, you can goof up anyone, as they dont have the internet power with them.

the damage is done to you man, you made a fool to OP, but you forgot internet is far worse thing than consumer courts, it hits direct on your rep. i believe atleast 10-20 people will divert their mind from shopping with you again. OP is getting his thing or money back but you will never get those customers back. so finally you are at a loss man

LYNX-INDIA = BIG FAIL

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@bharat_14101991: ok, lets not get emotional here. We all have learnt a lesson, we should move ahead.
Anish is getting a better deal, we should be happy for him now. Mistakes were made from both the sides so no one should hold a grudge.

Slinging mud on a big dealership like Lynx on such big forum is no small deal. It means loss of a lot of prospective business, so I hope they will be careful with their customers from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom