Beware of BigBazar guys...

techani

Journeyman
Guys BEWARE of this retailer. They really cheat in disguise. And I have proof of that. I had heard before that they cheat with prices during billing if u r not careful, now I faced it.

On last Sunday i.e 27-11-11 we had gone in BigBazar Raghunathpur store(on VIP road)Kolkata. Among many things we purchased 2 packets of Horlicks Cashew biscuits. After returning home I was randomly checking and matching the prices of some of the items. And I found a mismatch! On the packets of those Horlicks biscuits the MRP was Rs.25. The bill showed 2 quantities and total price as Rs.70! A cool Rs.20 rip-off for unsuspecting customers!

Before posting the matter in public/social forums and tarnishing the reputation of the company I thought of contacting them and see if and how they mend their ways. A mail was sent on 28-11-11. I was registered the case no. - 71568 on 28-11-11.
Got a call from the store on 29-11-11. The caller asked for forgiveness in not so repentant manner! I listened and asked the caller to mail me asking for forgiveness. The caller noted my mail-id.

But the mail never came.

On the evening of 30-11-11 I again mailed them a reminder about the case.

Today i.e 2-12-11 I received a call from 02239516600 at 12.56pm.

The caller told me blatantly that they cannot mail me!!!

I ask here why?

Why cant BigBazar acknowledge their fault in writing if it was done mistakenly?

I asked them to give Rs.20 back and they told me that when I visit their store again with the bill they will reverse it.

What if I dont ever visit them again after this type of attitude?

Why shall I take the trouble of preserving the bill for their calousness?

Why shall I have to remember and take the bill with me if/when visiting them the next time?

What if they deny me the return next time?

I have the Payback card. Why cant they just credit the equivalent points of Rs.20 in that account?

Am I asking for too much?

What if they cheat every customer randomly of say Rs10 to Rs.20 per billing?

They have thousands of customers everyday.

Have I asked for too much?

Please comment and/like facebook post to escalate the matter if you think its genuine cause for concern.

Thank you.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hmmm...serious issue.

But, above all things...why did you not threat them that u would go to police.

And, if you are that serious and started campaign in FB...why not involve police. They may sue you for this activity.

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
How can they sue me? Whats my fault here? I have been cheated and am only bringing it infront of everyone. Whats my fault here, please elaborate.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You have started this Facebook campaign without trying to settle anyway.

The ycould point out that you just tried to de-fame them without resolving the issue properly.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
OP is not responsible to maintain fame of above said firm ..

He is just telling what has happened ...

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
But keeping exactly this point in mind, I have mailed them and they even registered the matter with a case/docket no.

I have mentioned that in the post. I had tried settling it personally but the person who called from Mumbai blankly told me that they cant mail me.

I just wanted a written reply from them for future reference.

What do u say now?

Thank you for being concerned.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Do one thing...

Call 'em up and say that you are going public wit hthis issue and would write in your blog, twitter and facebook and other public forums too.

See, how they reply.

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Well, I have told that Mumbai guy before hanging up the call that "I will mention the incident in public/social forums".

He told "ok".

And we hung up.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Is this on one item on a single visit?

Mistakes happen, and some people are proud/arrogant enough not to accept their mistakes.

sygeek

Technomancer
Alright, the reason they didn't credit 20 bucks to your account is because they don't have your bill and they can't possibly verify it on a phone. That's why they asked you to return to BigBazaar and you should. Yes, you should also always preserve bills and that's your problem.

I think it was just a human mistake. You should have been cautious on your end. It isn't a luxurious store where they provide you with everything at your couch, stop being lazy.

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Coolpcguy, yes thats on a single visit on a single bill.

Sygeek, you provided a dissenting voice. Good.

Now let me prove you wrong.

I had scanned the entire bill and sent them along with the complain.

The store is around 8kms from our home and its situated at one of the most busiest roads of Kolkata. So you can guess the trouble of going there for a fault of theirs.

If its a "human mistake" then whats the problem for them to give it in writing?

Being cautious on my end means harassing many customers. Because its not quite possible to check the prices of all the items before they put them in bags, coz in Sunday afternoons, there are lot of customers waiting at the billing counters.

No harsh feelings but try n do it yourself once to know what I am talking about. I thinks people will agree with me thats not possible.

Thank you.

abhidev

Human Spambot
did you go back to them and ask for a refund??? If not then its your mistake as they were willing to correct it the next time you visit them

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Abhidev, they called me and told me about the refund, but I only wanted that in written, thats all.

And they are not ready to send a mail mentioning the refund.

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, it is their mistake but you should have made a visit and talk about this.. Instead of mailing and calling.. I believe and have experienced that every matter can be resolved fast if you are face to face.. OK, if it is 8KM away then may few days later you could have gone.. I remember this type of mistake Happened with me..

In food Bazar (one who don't know this is Big bazar but with only Food Contents)... They added some item (I believe it was Bed sheet) worth 600-700..that was not my First visit. I checked bills of first few visits and then I got trust upon them so I didn't check this Bill and Paid. I got home and was just looking towards bill and I saw bed sheet which I have not even Purchased.. I called them(that particular store) and made a complain.. they said come with bill and we may verify it.. It was all resolved Peacefully.. I remember they gave me same option to rectify in Next bill. But I didn't agree on that. and asked for Refund. which they provided after some discussion After that I check every Item of bill + also their Prices...

Advice just go and visit them before taking any serious actions...I don't think They will give it in written or any company will give you (they should but..) unless You take some Serious Actions.

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Clmlbx in your case the amount was too high. So it justified visiting the store asap.
In this case its about Rs.20. If I have to visit the store using public transport it will cost me around rs.30-40 for both side. Add 2hrs of time to that.

I really didnt want to escalate the matter in this way.Actually I was happy with the prompt reply. Even now am not cursing them for this "mistake". I received the call from the store and listened patiently. The caller acknowledged that it was there "fault".
At the end of the conversation I asked the caller that am comfortable with the explanation but kindly send me an email mentioning whatever you told me now. The caller wrote down my email id and replied in the affirmative.

But I never received the mail.

Thats where the problem lies.

Your thoughts please.

Thank you.

Lots of views...plz "Like" it too.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@techani... I can understand its just a matter of 20Rs and you can't go by public transport wasting 30-40Rs more...but as they said they will refund back or adjust the amount on your next visit, then I think that was legible enough.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Such things happen,especially in the daily needs section due to the amount of inventory involved.

I Have faced such things at food bazaar before and for that even at TESCO in UK ,but you have to let it go and understand that it could be a genuine mistake.100 % of major retails whether in India or Abroad will refund.

Just remember to keep tab of the details next time if it bother you so much. But terming them as cheats makes for a distant throw. Let it go its not worth it.There are far major issues in life .

amohit

Broken In
I used to visit big bazaar here in bangalore....every month. And I don't remember even a single instance when there was no error in the bill. Some times they would have billed the item at a price lower than MRP (and no..no discount), but most of the time the price would be more than MRP or they would have charged me for something that I have not bought. I made it a practice to stand there and check my bill every time. It was too much for me to keep track of price of each item I have bought...so finally, I stopped going there.

Regards,
Mohit

Top Bottom