Better way to charge a mobile - USB or CHARGER?

Flash

Lost in speed
Which one is a better way to charge the mobile - Charger or USB?

I always charge my mobile via USB, when am on office and charger on home. I've heard from one of my friend that charging via charger is the best way, as it regulates the voltage for the mobile to charge. So, even on the fluctuations, it will limit the amount of power that it receives, and provide a constant voltage to the mobile.

I knew that there's a fail-safe circuitry exists in current Li-ion batteries, which shuts down the battery when its voltage is outside the safe range.

But am really not sure about whether usb/charger really has any impact on charging.

Is this a myth or there's some truth behind that?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
AFAIK charging from charger is faster than charging from USB.
I also charge in both ways and often noticed that it take 1~2hrs (full charge) thru charger and >2 in USB

bhvm

Journeyman
I'm always charging from USB as I have access to Laptop all time at office. what you've heard is myth. the safety circuit is made into phone and works regardless of USB or charger.
laptop USB port is 500ma and wall charger is full 1A. unless your laptop is USB 3.0 (900ma ) wall charging is somewhat faster.

I use internet in PC through the cell phone, hence, the phone is always chargiong via the same USB used for data transmission. I haven't used the charger in ages.

Top Bottom