Better Freeware: FastCopy v/s TeraCopy

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
Which one is the best file transfer software (by best I mean the fastest and more reliable) between these two: FastCopy or TeraCopy?

Suggestions please!

Vignesh B

Youngling
Depends on your usage. According to benchmarks, FastCopy is faster. Feature-wise FastCopy dominates the contest offering by far more choices.
One point where TeraCopy trumps is the integration in the operating system by becoming the default file copy/move service. Personally, this is the deciding factor for me even if it means to lose out 2-3 secs.

Flash

Lost in speed
It's been discussed before. Have a look at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/165818-how-improve-file-copying-speed-windows-7-a.html

OP
I

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
Depends on your usage. According to benchmarks, FastCopy is faster. Feature-wise FastCopy dominates the contest offering by far more choices.
One point where TeraCopy trumps is the integration in the operating system by becoming the default file copy/move service. Personally, this is the deciding factor for me even if it means to lose out 2-3 secs.

U mean to say with FastCopy I need to open/run the application every time I need to trasfer a file??

It's been discussed before. Have a look at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/165818-how-improve-file-copying-speed-windows-7-a.html

Well according to that topic FastCopy seems better! Will try it out then.. Thanks! :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I use SuperCopier. The UI is crappy but it gets the work done.

Used to use TeraCopy but it started crashing hence switched to SuperCopier.

Flash

Lost in speed
Well according to that topic FastCopy seems better! Will try it out then.. Thanks! :)

That was an old discussion. Maybe, there will be NEW versions for some copiers - which will differ in copying speed now..
Though i use Teracopy, as it possess a cleaner GUI - though it may score low with other copiers.

sakumar79

Technomancer
As per a study at Raymond's Blog 15 Free File Copy Tools Tested for the Fastest Transfer Speeds FastCopy came out better than TeraCopy and many other alternatives...

Arun

OP
I

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
As per a study at Raymond's Blog 15 Free File Copy Tools Tested for the Fastest Transfer Speeds FastCopy came out better than TeraCopy and many other alternatives...

Arun

Have tried out FastCopy.. the UI is a bit crappy and old.. reminds me of Windows 98! :razz:

That was an old discussion. Maybe, there will be NEW versions for some copiers - which will differ in copying speed now..
Though i use Teracopy, as it possess a cleaner GUI - though it may score low with other copiers.

I've switched to TeraCopy too.. FastCopy's UI is far less developed and the speed difference is not too great in my rig!

Top Bottom