Better Autodefrag

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluby

Broken In
Among oo defrag 11.3265 & diskeeper 2008 which one is better as an automatic defragmentation tool (330gb hdd) & why?

During auto derag which defragmentation method is used by oo defrag

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Diskeeper lite. It is a freeware version of Diskeeper, works well with XP. It has been discontinued now, but is still available on the net, just Google for it. I have a friend for whom I tuned windows XP three years back. The install has been provided by his institution so its a genuine fully patched OS. I gave him diskeeper lite and he is quite happy with it. And you won't believe, he also runs it manually every night before sleeping. His hard disk is so err... unfragmented, not to mention very fast !

OP
cluby

cluby

Broken In
@cluby Perfectdisk BSODs with any software from www.everstrike.com like lock folder or universal shield. this has been fixed in the latest versions of the softwares. That maybe the problem.

Yeh I was using universal shield that time
will try pd trial version
OO defrag still slower than diskeeper & it seems it's auto defrag do nothing just like previous version
If perfect disc works beter I will keep it or move to diskeeper.

Thanks for all ur suggestions.:D

WINDOWS DEFRAG SUCKS BIGTIME.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ If you are still planning to use Universal Shield, get the latest version 4.2, it works well with PerfectDisk 2008. Any older version crashes.

Doomsday

Broken In
Diskeeper 2008 is the best for auto defrag because it uses very few resources when running, and you can even play games when it's active! :cool:According to some information on their site, Diskeeper 2009 should be out later this month or next month, but it's worth checking out the current trial version from their website.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Yeah, it uses few resources when running because it does nothing at all. You should try different products before supporting one.

Doomsday

Broken In
^^ Yeah, it uses few resources when running because it does nothing at all. You should try different products before supporting one.

Bro, what makes you think I have not tried the others?:D

I picked Diskeeper from the big 3 because it works perfectly for me, and I don't have to bother with defragging. It's automatic, and does everything to my satisfaction.

PD is okay* if you can live with it's slow speed, but I am not interested in running weekly defrags on 2.5TB++ of my HDDs. It's not an auto defragger by any means. In the manual mode, it's too slow, and takes ages just to analyze my drives. I don't like the interface either.

O&O seems to be like the one in the middle... bit of everything, but it had serious problems with Vista at one time (maybe it's solved now; haven't checked).

* Recently PD trial version corrupted my friend's Vista SP1 after running smartplacement and boot defrag successively. Most likely just a freak occurance, but I am not risking that on my system lol.

Moral of the story: Pick whatever works for you, but don't knock others' choices.:)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Rightly said. I've tried JK, PD and Diskeeper, and found PD to be the best among the three. I dislike JK for some reason, and Diskeeper is fast but unefficient, and sends me spam mails. PD is brilliant, but has driver conflicts with several apps, so people need to be wary of that. If nothing conflicts on your comp, PD really does a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom