Beta Release of Ubuntu 6.10 - codenamed "Edgy Eft"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
Beta Release of Ubuntu 6.10 - codenamed "Edgy Eft"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ubuntu is a Linux distribution for your desktop or server, with a fast and easy install, regular releases, a tight selection of excellent packages installed by default, every other package you can imagine available from the network, and professional technical support from Canonical Ltd and hundreds of other companies around the world.

Ubuntu 6.10 will be supported for 18 months on both the desktop and on the server.

Source Here

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Re: Ubuntu 6.10 released

... :mad:

Its the Beta.. and It was Released 2 Weeks ago.. and Your Title is Misleading.

Tomorrow RC will be Released and then a Week Later on 26th October the Final 6.10 will be Released..

(Hmmm... you saw the stupid thing in Digg Did Ya?)

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Will I be able to order my Free CD of new version on 26th or I have to wait for some time??????

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
~Phenom~ said:
Will I be able to order my Free CD of new version on 26th or I have to wait for some time??????
Edgy will not be Shipped, cuz Dapper was made LTS (Long Term Support)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
so u mean earlier versions of ubuntu were not having long time support??????

R u sure , they will not ship it?????

any one else please confirm it.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
~Phenom~ said:
so u mean earlier versions of ubuntu were not having long time support??????

R u sure , they will not ship it?????

any one else please confirm it.

Link 1

Link 2
Canonical COO Jane Silber has announced the plan for ShipIt, once Edgy has been released. The current plan is to continue to ship Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, due to it being a long supported release, while Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) will be available for download only. Approved LoCo teams can request 6.10, however, and will be sent out a large bundle of CDs to distribute, as well as distributors that can further spread the Ubuntu message. Also, in order to help keep ShipIt running, Jane has announced that anyone wanting to purchase large numbers from ShipIt may do so, at EUR 1.50/CD in a minimum order size of about 100. If you or your company would like to help distribute large quantities of Ubuntu CDs, contact [MAILTO] Christina.Armstrong@canonical.com directly.

and Ubuntu Wikipedia Article..

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
it's better to download anywayz. their shipping takes a long time to reach us (4-6 weeks). i prefer downloading. but what about those with dial-up?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ People with dial up can hardly cope up with all the downloading one has to do to customize ubuntu!

praka123

left this forum longback
many smaller towns have broadband connxn available na,some what cheap also so dialup users wake up:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom