Best Windows 8 laptop?

soumya

In the zone
My current laptop is 6 years old. I was waiting for Windows 8 to come out for replacing it. I have read a lot of reviews saying that Windows 8 needs a touch based device. So what are the options? These are some of my choices :-

XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook

Yoga Lenovo Convertible Laptop & Tablet PC | Ideapad Yoga 13 with Windows 8 | Lenovo (US)

Inspiron 15z Ultrabook

HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15-4010nr | HP® Official Store

Any other better choices?

doomgiver

Warframe
windows 8 "needs" a touch based device is like saying windows 7 "needs" a gpu to run.

NOT true at all.

you can easily run windows 8 on a non-touch PC, but some things, like touch based guestures, swiping, etc, wont be enabled.
i'd ONLY recommend a touch based windows 8 pc, if you wish to experience the "FULL" windows 8 experience. (i mean, touch, guestures, wliding, swiping, etc)

imho, its all a gimmick. if you need touch so bad, get a tablet.

TL;DR windows 8 can run on non-touch device without any problems.

oh yeah, stick with lenovo yoga, its been given great reviews.

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
windows 8 "needs" a touch based device is like saying windows 7 "needs" a gpu to run.

NOT true at all.

you can easily run windows 8 on a non-touch PC, but some things, like touch based guestures, swiping, etc, wont be enabled.
i'd ONLY recommend a touch based windows 8 pc, if you wish to experience the "FULL" windows 8 experience. (i mean, touch, guestures, wliding, swiping, etc)

imho, its all a gimmick. if you need touch so bad, get a tablet.

TL;DR windows 8 can run on non-touch device without any problems.

oh yeah, stick with lenovo yoga, its been given great reviews.

Isn't Dell XPS 12 better than the Yoga? What do you think? If you had to get a laptop in 80-90000 range, which one would you have personally chosen?

I would prefer dell xps convertible.. And you need a touch based laptop to enjoy the features in windows 8.. But I also hope that it doesn't turn out the way siri did for iphone..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am not sure if it is available here in India, but try to find a Samsung Series 9.

and before you buy, try Windows 8. I have used it and really didn't like it. Confusing and you'll waste most of your time learning how to get things done. Doubt adding a touch panel will do any good.

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
As sam said that try to get a demo of windows 8 before you get a windows 8 based laptop as I heard that it's almost the same as windows just with a slight change so try to use window 8.
Coming to the laptops, I would suggest you to go for Dell XPS or the HP XT.

sagarsoni

Sagar
i would recommend you to wait for some time to buy a tablet..... because there will be a race in tablets and the prices will drop.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I agree...first have a look at windows 8, i was very excited about it, but the moment i saw it and installed it, i removed it from my lappy within three days, very confusing and didn't liked it at all. so i advise you to have a demo first and then go for it.

Top Bottom