Best Torrent Client

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I've used Ares Galaxy for some months now. (The only one I ever used). It was simple & constantly fast (as fast as my ISP speed) but Its stopped working sometime back & I don't have a clue.

I tried uTorrent but its super slow. Too much fluctuations in DL speed.

What do you recommend ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I use uTorrent from the day I started torrenting, had no problems.

Anyway, you can try BitTorrent. If on Linux, try transmission or deluge.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Speed depends entirely on your internet connection. uTorrent is the client which I have been using for quite a few years now and will recommend it to anyone without any hesitation. You can try an older version of uTorrent and see if it works better- Download uTorrent 3.0 Build 25440 - Change Log - FileHippo.com

Try BitTorrent too.

amjath

Human Spambot
OP why dont u try private tracker or a old torrent with high seeders and less peers. BTW what connection u have

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I've used Ares Galaxy for some months now. (The only one I ever used). It was simple & constantly fast (as fast as my ISP speed) but Its stopped working sometime back & I don't have a clue.

I tried uTorrent but its super slow. Too much fluctuations in DL speed.

What do you recommend ?

Is Ares Galaxy torrent client? When I used to use Ares, it was nothing but a p2p file sharing software and had no relation with torrent.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I always use uTorrent which is extremely fast. It depends on the torrent file which has good number of Seeders & Peers gets good download speed.

OP
G

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Thanks every one for your replies.

I use uTorrent from the day I started torrenting, had no problems.

Anyway, you can try BitTorrent. If on Linux, try transmission or deluge.

I'm running windows. I just found Transmission for Windows. I'll give it a try.

You can try an older version of uTorrent and see if it works better- Download uTorrent 3.0 Build 25440 - Change Log - FileHippo.com

Try BitTorrent too.

I'll check it out when I go home tonight.

Is Ares Galaxy torrent client? When I used to use Ares, it was nothing but a p2p file sharing software and had no relation with torrent.

Yes, Ares was mostly a p2p software, but only this year I realized it could download torrents too. So had been using ares only & I liked it (easy , lightweight and minimal).
Now it doesn't works for p2p (keeps connecting but never completes connection) neither works for torrents anymore recently.

Did you / anyone else using ares have the "connecting" problem ?

OP why dont u try private tracker or a old torrent with high seeders and less peers. BTW what connection u have
Not sure what that is, I'll look into that when I get some spare time.
I have 1Mbps connection. Most direct downloads from browsers / ares galaxy happen at 120 KBps.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
utorrent is what I use...

OT:
generally my downloading speed is 135KBps (on 1mbps line) but once i was downloading a 850mb file in utorrent and also playing game side by side (full screen) so as per calculation it shud take more than 1.5hrs to download but to my surprise after 30mins of downloading (alt+tab) to utorrent to check progress i saw seeding was going on.
WTF the 850mb file was download within 25mins (avg speed was 860kbps in utorrent file info)..i was like :bananana:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
utorrent is what I use...

OT:
generally my downloading speed is 135KBps (on 1mbps line) but once i was downloading a 850mb file in utorrent and also playing game side by side (full screen) so as per calculation it shud take more than 1.5hrs to download but to my surprise after 30mins of downloading (alt+tab) to utorrent to check progress i saw seeding was going on.
WTF the 850mb file was download within 25mins (avg speed was 860kbps in utorrent file info)..i was like :bananana:

is it local cable wala? There is something local peering. That means if two user A and B using the same ISP, and both are downloading the same file by torrent. The speed will not be capped to that 1 mbps. It happens only with the local service providers..!

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
is it local cable wala? There is something local peering. That means if two user A and B using the same ISP, and both are downloading the same file by torrent. The speed will not be capped to that 1 mbps. It happens only with the local service providers..!

So what if A & B use same local service @ 1mbps , pre-plan and download the same file which is about 10 GB+, they get uncapped speeds?

Yet better if A & B are gaming pals.

Thats HAX terrorism on ur local isp ! :p

suyash_123

Techno Freak
earlier Using : TIXATI !! -

then starts giving issue on Windows 8

Now using : VUZE !!!

stop using Utor /bitor 5 yr ago when it support adds

OP
G

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Now using : VUZE !!!
How is it ? How long you using it?

You guys know what the port number in the text box is meant to be ? I mean how do I know if that port is open or not .. Who manages these ports?
Most links on the internet for this show some router page configuration. I don't have a router.

Top Bottom