Best Sound Card @5k Budget PCI-E x4 compactible.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys i am looking to get some good sound out from my pc. As i had Dual GPU setup almost pci and x1 cards are consumed as well blocked.

I have one x4 third slot left and could use this for the audio card. So i want a card to utilize/compatible with this slot.

Please suggest a good card costing around 5-8k.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
PCI-E x1 cards are compatible with PCI-E x16. So, you won't have any problem.
There is no x4 third slot in P8Z68 V. That black x16 runs at x4 speed. :p

If you have 5.1 audio setup, but Xoxar DX, or if you have 2.1 setup, buy Xonar STX.

Last edited:
OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I cant get it . Designing problem then do you want me to try it. Let me know how azuentech products are capable off. I heard few were preferring over Asus and Creative.

Is this card is good to go
Asus XONAR-ESTX SOUND CARD

I am confused as lot of high end cards are there with multi input and output support for crystal sound features.

Please help. I am not a audiophile and not sure if i use the full sound capability of the card. But need a future proof model which can decode almost all current codec

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
which is better for longer run

X-fi titanium or D2X xonar.

I need all HD DTS extreme sound decoding and encoding capability

Can any let me know which is far superior .

Also its a one time investment which i dont want to regret later that i could have bought this card.

I cant stretch to 8k max if possible couple of hundreds

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Creative X-fi titanium is better.

If you have any chance if importing, then buy HT omega Striker Link
Non X-fi card, but last real long.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I Don't think upgrading sound card will improve sound a lot better buying a good speaker set would be wiser.

sabya

Broken In
Buy creative x-if titanium but you have to complement with a good set of speaker. I bought a logitech z906 with it and they compliment each other very well.. But the speakers come for a hefty price of 18k. The card alone will cost 6-7k.
As you said about not being an audiophile as such I will suggest you buy the CM Storm sirus headphone for 7-7. 5k. The headphone has a true 5.1 output which actually is very good for gaming and even you can plug it into any 5.1 capable sound card for max performance. The headphone will solve your sound card dilemma as it's own software provides some sweet sound (tried and tested by myself) in case you are interested you can check this out. [YOUTUBE]watch?v=VEFkKSdIzUE[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom