Best Site for Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you asked about ubuntu repos? it is germany. *de.archive.ubuntu.org
for Debian :
ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/
nope. Ubuntu repos are fastest at IIT-M
MetalheadGautham, there is a way to speed up sourceforge.net downloads which I use :D

Start a download the usual way in firefox

Get actual url form the firefox download box and cancel the download.

Add this to multiget or any other download manager as stopped (don't start yet)

Now in the download page of the file you are trying to download in sourceforge.net, select a different geographic mirror or simple reload the page. The download will start from a new location, capture that link and add it as a mirror to the existing download of your download manager.

In this way, the more mirrors you add, the faster you can go, the only limiting feature being your bandwidth
Its better to use a sourceforge downloader software. I heard there exist some download managers exclusively for sourceforge, where you just need to type in the download page address and it will download from as many mirrors as nessassary to reach your bandwidth cap. But I only know of windows software for this, and not linux softwares. So I am stuck with low speeds, with times like 10 minutes for just 10mb.:(
No, IIT M is IIT Madras and IIT B is IIT Bombay, they choose to keep the traditional name, it's a brand and changing the name of a brand that is doing very well is a stupid idea.
You could have just gone to *www.iitm.ac.in/ to verify that. Site of IIT-B is *www.iitb.ac.in/
thanks. I verified the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom