best powersupply or UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
anarchy0x said:
can any1 clarify this? for something like a 8800 how much watts/valts shud b teh powersupply of??
Although it'll do with a min 350watt smps I'd recommend atleast 450watt...as bare minium.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
anarchy0x said:
can any1 clarify this? for something like a 8800 how much watts/valts shud b teh powersupply of??

Check this out..........PSU calculator would give you an idea how much your system needs. It also includes the latest 8800.

*www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
oh nice so i think 600 watts shud b enuf right? just to be on teh safer side? & is there any harm of using more than the recommended watts?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
anarchy0x said:
oh nice so i think 600 watts shud b enuf right? just to be on teh safer side? & is there any harm of using more than the recommended watts?

Nope no harm.....become future proof if your hardward would need one.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
anarchy0x said:
There should not be any harm in using a higher rated PSU and it will be future proof also. I am myself using an Antec SP 500 Watt for my AMD 64 3000 system for more than a year now. But only make sure that your UPS is not rated much lower than the SMPS. Of course, there are other things like power factor, actual consumption etc.

Last edited:
OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
janitha said:
There should not be any harm in using a higher rated PSU and it will be future proof also. I am myself using an Antec SP 500 Watt for my AMD 64 3000 system for more than a year now. But only make sure that your UPS is not rated much lower than the SMPS. Of course, there are other things like power factor, actual consumption etc.

thanks pal but i ve decided to buy only the power supply n not a UPS.. prbably 500-600 watts

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I think a good quality PSU of 500W will suffice since the trend in case of CPUs and GPUs is that later generations consume less power.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
anarchy0x said:
what would be the best power supply or UPS for a C2D?? of course also consider a good gaming card like teh 8800 coz that ll need a good PS or UPS
Describe properly what you want. UPS means "Uninterrupted Power Supply" which is used to provide power to the computer continiously specially on power cuts. Power Supply means the PSU or SMPS or Power Supply Unit or i shud say the power box which is inside the cabinet. Now what a game card has to do with UPS?

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
janitha said:
I think a good quality PSU of 500W will suffice since the trend in case of CPUs and GPUs is that later generations consume less power.
yes even i agree with u but i jus wana play safe. in fact c2ds need less power than P4s.. if i m not wrong
Describe properly what you want. UPS means "Uninterrupted Power Supply" which is used to provide power to the computer continiously specially on power cuts. Power Supply means the PSU or SMPS or Power Supply Unit or i shud say the power box which is inside the cabinet. Now what a game card has to do with UPS?

yes i know that & before i had thought of buying them both, but now i am thinking of buying only the PSU coz my area never has power fluctutations

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
anarchy0x said:
yes even i agree with u but i jus wana play safe. in fact c2ds need less power than P4s.. if i m not wrong

yes i know that & before i had thought of buying them both, but now i am thinking of buying only the PSU coz my area never has power fluctutations

I don't know how much price does a PSU cost but what i bought- 450W ATX costed me Rs.1850 with fitting charges.

abhishek_del

Journeyman
man..id on't know abt apc its gud i hav heard but its costly too....go for a known company asin wat ur friend hav used..i am using Power Jen UPS high power...gives bakup for almost an hour...n its very gud..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom