best powersupply or UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy0x

In the zone
what would be the best power supply or UPS for a C2D?? of course also consider a good gaming card like teh 8800 coz that ll need a good PS or UPS

Eazy

Journeyman
You want the best UPS ?? Then look no further than the APC SmartUPS series....

*www.apcc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=165

goobimama

 Macboy
Powersupply "OR" UPS? I think you would need both wouldn't you think?

As for the Core2Duo, it doesn't use much power so you don't need that powerful a SMPS. But if you are planning on plugging in a card, then a good branded (Read: Antec, CoolerMaster, etc) powersupply is a must...

I'll be getting a 500W powersupply (CoolerMaster) within the next few days...

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes for UPS, APC is a very good and reliable brand...I'm using it for the last 2 years and it is going great gunz.

For Powersupply I've been using POWERSAFE and I'd recommend it to everyone however some more better (and expensive) options are available in the market eg. cooler master.

premsharma

In the zone
UPS from APC. I don't think a 500VA will suffice your future requirements. SMPS from Powersafe/VIP.

I am preparing for upgrade and have started buying one by one. Recently I have bought APC's 800VA UPS for Rs 5000+ and VIP/Powersafe 500 watt Gold SMPS for Rs 3200+ and a 19" vide ViewSonic TFT.

Ch@0s

In the zone
APC SmartUPS is the best you'll get. Much better than the run of the mill APC BackUPS sold everywhere as unlike any other home UPS it has pure sinewave output. About powersupply... get an Antec NeoHE or better still a Corsair HX.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Ch@0s said:
APC SmartUPS is the best you'll get. Much better than the run of the mill APC BackUPS sold everywhere as unlike any other home UPS it has pure sinewave output. About powersupply... get an Antec NeoHE or better still a Corsair HX.

Is it true? I would like to have confirmation.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Me too I was not aware of this fact else would have bought that one, I got a 800VA,apc ups.
What does pure sinewave output do better than the regular ones?

shashank4u

Youngling
i think nowadays ..pure sinewave and simple ups are more or less same..
becoz technology have come so far..that ..nowadays..
every ups can almost provide ac output without ripples..

b_man

Broken In
I have been using a D-link UPS for over an year now and hasn't given me any problems...it also has surge protection for your telephone/fax line....works great for me since i have an MFD....and the price is pretty good compared to an APC...my two cents...

yogi_7272

Broken In
premsharma said:
600 watt for 3600????

Any 600 or 700 watt will be @ 6000 - 7000

ohh.. forgot to mention ..it was some special scheme .. i got it from matrix 3d infocomm in mumbai .. dealers of cooler master here in mumbai ..that time i was looking for a cpu cooler .. and came to know abt this thing ..:)

premsharma

In the zone
Powersafe/VIP best & economical SMPS than others and UPS ofcourse from APC only. Second choice for UPS from powersafe.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
yogi_7272 said:
ohh.. forgot to mention ..it was some special scheme .. i got it from matrix 3d infocomm in mumbai .. dealers of cooler master here in mumbai ..that time i was looking for a cpu cooler .. and came to know abt this thing ..:)

It seems you were fortunate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom