Best possible Desktop PC for home use within 25000-30000 INR

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Microsoft office Suite, Adobe reader, Internet surfing on 2 browsers simultaneously & each having approx 10 tabs, Watching HD Movies & Playing music continuously on Weekends,
Not a gamers but may try some older games prior to 2010-11

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Actually my budget is just Rs.27000 for PC only but can extent upto Rs.33000- Rs.35000 if I get good 2.1 Speakers & Sound card if necessary.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Already have Windows 7. May get Win 8 or Win 10 later.
Will experiment with different Linux Distros, Zorin OS...

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB will Suffice as I already have 1 TB external drive with USB 3

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Will be buying 22 inch full HD IPS LED Monitor most preferably Dell S2240L or something better in same budget.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Will be buying all components as my current system will be 8 yrs old this July.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In next 10-15 days or may be early also

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by Assembler Or a Friend

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I'm from Mumbai & comfortable buying online or offline whichever is cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Upgrading from my current Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ & Intel 946 M/B so config should be decently above it.
Want Motherboard with USB 3 & HDMI Port Or DVI Port as per the Monitor connectivity.
In my budget I feel Intel 4th gen Dualcore 3220 or Core i3 may fit but I'm open for AMD config too if its equally powerful & energy efficient

Few weeks back I was at Lamington road Market & got following quotation from Prime ABGB

Intel Dual Core G3220 4th gen. @ 3500
Gigabyte H81 S2PH @ 4200
4gb Kingstom ram 1600 @ 2600
1TB WD green HDD @ 3550
LG DVD Writer @ 950
Circle 546 Cabinetwith SMPS @ 1700
Microsoft KB/ mouse combo set @ 950
BenQ 2245z monitor @7500

Dell S2240L @8500 from another local shop.

Guys please suggest me some powerful PC config which can go on for another 7-8 years .
If getting good config then can compromise on speakers & sound card but Final cost should not go beyond Rs.35000/- including Speakers & Sound Card.
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Modified the forum's 30 gaming config.

ProcessorAMD FX 43005,600
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardASUS M5A78L-M/USB34,700
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,700
Graphics CardZotac GT 730 1 GB DDR54,900
Power SupplyAntec BP3002,200
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,800
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total35,050

You won't require a separate Sound card IMO. just use normal 2.1 speakers with it.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks bro Actually was keen on getting AMD but.....

Is this GFX required?
I may not play any games. Any other good AMD Motherboard with built in decent graphics??

BTW is Logitech MK200 combo good? offlate had got basic mouse M100 which failed in 2yrs. I had very good 5 yrs exp. with my earlier basic Microsoft KB Mouse combo.

Thanks bro Actually was keen on getting AMD but.....

Is this GFX required?
I may not play any games. Any other good AMD Motherboard with built in decent graphics??

BTW is Logitech MK200 combo good? offlate had got basic mouse M100 which failed in 2yrs. I had very good 5 yrs exp. with my earlier basic Microsoft KB Mouse combo.

> AMD CPUs don't have integrated graphics and on-board graphics are crap so you don need a GPU.

> MK200 keyboard is okay but mouse is very unergonomic. I strongly recommend getting some other mouse.

> I'd suggest an i3 config instead. The reason being FX 4300 is old adn not as good as an i3. Also you need the extra cores of FX 4300.

ProcessorIntel i3 41507,500
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH4,400
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,700
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyAntec BP3002,200
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,800
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total31,750

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=82407]sandynator[/MENTION],

I also recommend you to go with the harshilsharma63 configuration because the AMD CPU doesn't have the integrated graphics. For future proofing (7-8 years), I’d suggest you to go with the better MOBO.

Example: 1) MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming. 2) Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H.

Microsoft office Suite, Adobe reader, Internet surfing on 2 browsers simultaneously & each having approx 10 tabs, Watching HD Movies & Playing music continuously on Weekends,
Not a gamers but may try some older games prior to 2010-11.

Based on your requirement, I’d suggest you to go with the WD Green. The WD Green drive used for computing like Storage, normal usage and etc. The WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB. To check the specification of WD Green, you may refer to the link below.

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION]
Thanks bro.
Even I feel intel config is suitable for my purpose.
Just wanted to know if there is vast major difference in Pentium G3220 or its latest chip & Core i3. If there is not much of a difference then later on I may add up gfx card to play games on low or mid settings not sure though....

I will better go with Microsoft KB/Mouse combo as had good exp. with it & loved the feedback of KB.

Also do you think a separate PSU & cabinet necessary for Pentium or core i3 ??
The guy at Prime ABGB told be to get Circle 546 if not getting Gfx card.

[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION]
Thank for your comment.
Are H81 Or B85 motherboards not of good built quality??
I do not see myself doing any heavy tasks except may be MINOR GAMING down next 7-8 yrs. So do you think getting the mobos you suggested worth??
I guess they are very costly but I can add upto Rs.1000 more for B85 or better mobos if really required.
BTW the guys at prime also suggested WD Green. Still unsure which one to get Blue OR Green??

Finally thanks to all who replied & further comment from other members would be appreciated. :)

DK_WD

WD Official

The reason to suggest the latest MOBO, because of the future proofing rig. Example: In the future you want to add the GPU, RAM or other card in system, If you have the latest MOBO that means in future, you can add-on a second GPU card or RAM for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO.

The H81 and B85 motherboards are also better built quality, there is no issue you can also choose that for your build.

BTW the guys at prime also suggested WD Green. Still unsure which one to get Blue OR Green??

As per your requirement, just go with the WD Green.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Chances for gaming are quite minimal & can compromise it but may add up ram & good Sound card + amp along with good speakers later on.

Now just wanted to know how much difference is in performance between Core i3 4150 & Pentium G3220??

Is it worth to spend 2x on core i3??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i3 4150 is hyperthreaded, means you get 2 threads per core, while G3220 has 1 thread per core.

Intel Pentium G3220 vs Core i3 4150

DK_WD

WD Official

The difference between Intel Pentium G3220 and Intel I3 4150 is a Hyper-Threading feature, which allows each CPU core to execute two threads simultaneously. The Intel I3 4150 operating frequency of the microprocessor is higher than the frequency of the Intel G3220 CPU, as a result this Core I3-4150 has better performance in most applications. It supports AES, or Advanced Encryption Standard, instructions. The Intel Pentium G3220 is 2% more energy efficient than the I3-4150 processor. The main difference is that Intel Pentium G3220 CPU support memory up to 1333MHz and Intel I3 4150 CPU support memory up to 1600MHz.

For more information about CPU comparison, you may refer to the link below

ARK | Compare Intel® Products

Hope it helps.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Update: Will book it by Today or Tomorrow

So if Core i3 is better & worth spending double then will get it...

Guys just need final suggestion on following components.

1.Motherboard
H81 with HDMI & USB 3
OR
B85 with HDMI & USB 3

2. RAM 1600 MHz
4GB or 2x2GB & Which brand is better & please mention particular model compatible for I3 4150 & M/B which I will go for.

3. HDD
1TB WD Blue or Green
If there is some thing better spending few hundreds then please do mention.

4. Cabinet & PSU
Should I go with Circle CC546 with 400 watts PSU @1700??
Or
PrimeABGB had quoted Antec BP450 @1950
Which cabinet without PSU is better in terms of sturdiness & looks around 1k?

5. Optical Drive
Is Asus better to LG/Sony/SamDung ;)??

6. Monitor/ 22 inch LED IPS TV & HDMI Cable
Dell S2240L is most preferred so suggest me some good HDMI cable.
If there is reasonable cheap LED IPS 22 inch TV then do mention..

7. Sturdy Keyboard & Mouse Combo set
Our Cute Little Devil manhandles it.
Logitech M100 Mouse gave up in 1.5 yrs.
Logitech K100 classic Keyboard's few keys are missing as it easily comes out.
Please suggest some good durable combo with media keys. Mostly inclined to Microsoft -Wired Desktop 600

One Big Confusion?? Asking because this will be long term investment.....

Should I get 22 inch Full HD LED TV OR Monitor & later on Add TV Tuner card??
Are there any TVs which have Picture in picture feature so that I can Access PC & Tv Simultaneously??

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] & [MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION]

Guys Please suggest me for final components...
Are B85 boards superior to H81 & worth spending extra bucks??

> i3 is definitely worth spending a bit more money on.

> B85 has more SATA3 ports, more RAM slots and more USB 3.0 headers. If you don't need those features then H81 is just fine.

> I'd prefer 2x2 GB as you can raun them in dual channel mode. Also if one stick gets damaged you can still survive on the other.

> Prefer WD Blue. If you are unable to find it then get Seagate Barracuda.

> Don't get that crap PSU bundled with cabinet. Antec BP is fine. For 1 k you can only get local cabinets. All are just fine for a basic PC.

> No idea about optical drives. They don't get used much anyways. Get whatever cheapest.

> Dell S2240L is best one available in it's budget.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION]
Thanks lot bro...
Just final call on best PSU within 2000-2200 range??
Prime ABGB has quoted 2000 INR for Antec BP450PS. Is it the best in 2000??

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
it is a new product in the market and according to the specs, it has 75% efficiency. should do good,but vp450p at a little more higher price would be better.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Never. Not sure about bp450ps as it is just a new entrant,but I seriously hope it is better than vs as vs is considered to be a very low end psu.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Just got dell s2240l .
Remaining system will be completed by Monday or Tuesday.
They guy at prime was insisting to get corsair vs450 as he mentioned problems are solved...

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks, not yet opened the pack.
Will post few pics after completion of entire system.

Stuck up with psu & hdd :(
Vp450p unavailable at prime so waiting for 2 days.
Wd blue not in stock just green available & segate.
Mostly inclined towards wd green as had bad experience with segate 500 gb hdd bought in 2009 which went kaput by March 2012 & had to spend 21000 inr for data back up from a data forensic expert & 1tb external segate hdd.

Had to rush up at some other place so avoided getting something in haste.
May even get circle cc546 with smps for time being & upgrade smps next month.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Update:
Almost finalised the components. I had to get segate 7200 rpm hdd as wd blue unavailable :(

cabinet(circle cc546) @1000

SMPS / PSU
Antec VP 450P @2450

Intel i3 4150 @7200

Gigabyte H81 S2PH @4050

4 GB Ram Kingston
hyper x 1600mhz. @2350

HDD 1 TB segate
barracuda 7200. @3450

LG DVD Writer @900

Microsoft wired 600
kb/mouse combo @825

Will try my luck tomorrow for wd blue...

On sunday i.e. 7th Feb booked edifier c2 @3342 from snapdeal on COD as could not resist the pricing. I had always seen it above 4000. Off late hearing lots of negative news about snapdeal order & damaged speakers due to poor services by ecom express logistics....
Monday morning got relieved after msg from go javaas that my package is handled by them & will reach at my place on or before 13th Feb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom