Status
Not open for further replies.

busyanuj

In the zone
khin007 said:
hi please tell me which is the best nokia phone in the range 12k

good sound(for mp3)
good camers

also which SE phone is good at this range.
thanks i n advance

for 12k, the best Nokia fone is undoubtedly the 6233.

among SE phones, you can consider w700.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
If you are comfortable with any brand go for Sony Ericsson w700i which retails for Rs. 12000 (thats the price I got you can get even cheaper now). I'd say its a better deal than K750i as you get a 256 MB Memory Stick (instead of 64), Walkman Player and what I like, a music cable with adapter to connect 3mm jacks like normal headphones or stereo (2.0 or 2.1) speakers. There are also a large number of softwares, themes, addons available for this phone on internet as it is backward compatible with K750i so it is the best deal you can get for that price. You will not regret this purchase over a Nokia if you are a audiophile like me, sound quality beats a Nokia hands down. I switched to it after I lost my Nokia N72 last month. :)

The only drawback is in some songs the volume can't be raised to very high (perhaps because of risks of lawsuits against loud volumes). But if you want to overcome that you can always use a PC software to increase the rate of volume (at the expense of a higher bitrate which is not a problem for a 256 MB memory card). Talking of cards, Sony has also slashed the prices of Memory Stick Duos so you can upgrade to Memory Stick which is Rs. 2260/- and Rs. 2860/- for 512 MB and 1 GB cards respectively (MRP), so expandability is open. The memory sticks also come with 5 year warranty which is even better.

Make sure you get your Sony Ericsson India warranty card which comes in the box to prevent spurious goods. Many dealers say bill is god enough but why not get it when it is give and makes you secure?

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Aberforth said:
If you are comfortable with any brand go for Sony Ericsson w800i
You mean to say the W700i, don't you? W800i isn't available any more.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
W700i is definitely a good phone, but I don't like its colour and Most important thing is that it lacks Autofocus.

I'll still recommend K750i

snake

Broken In
Best Mobiles in this range are 6233 or 5500 but I m myself confused which one to buy both have some really unique features

Aberforth

The Internationalist
soham said:
Is the camera of k750i better than the w700i

Both phones are practically clones, except different designs and w700i has walkman player and k750i has quickshare.

K

krazyfrog

Actually K750i camera has autofocus while W700i camera has fixed focus. Hence K750i camera is better than that of W700i.

OP
K

khin007

Journeyman
thank you guys for your valuable suggestions. but still i am confused. currently i m having a nokia 6600 . the think i hate about the phone is poor sound and ordinary camera. but i love its user friendliness and especuially as it is a symbian..

guys whats your opinion about nokia 6680? or n70?

is n70's music better than SE's?

Aberforth

The Internationalist
khin007 said:
thank you guys for your valuable suggestions. but still i am confused. currently i m having a nokia 6600 . the think i hate about the phone is poor sound and ordinary camera. but i love its user friendliness and especuially as it is a symbian..

is n70's music better than SE's?

I don't think. w700i is gives much more clear and sharp sound than N70 did. If you really like music Walkman is the way to go, if its for casual listening N70 will be the better choice as its a Symbian phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom