Best phone around 25K

sly_arnie

Broken In
1. Budget? - Around 25K more or less

2. Display type and size? - Crisp and clear. not more than 5". should fit in my jeans.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?- Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? - All are welcome. Though have a soft corner for nokia.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touch (no good qwerty phones currently avaliable :()

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - Flash, Autofocus(optional), Front Cam

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - preferably Android or windows.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G then WiFi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Nothing in particular. Video conferencing and emails are important.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Multi-purpose but mainly calls, emails, contact storage, video conferencing.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Sony xperia xr, lenovo vibe x, nokia lumia 925, samsung s4 mini or the one you may suggest.

12. Any other info that you want to share - I owned an nokia e6 and am having a very long contact list of around 5000 numbers. This phone has conked out completely and taken my contact with it. I have these contacts in VCF format and hence would want a phone that would be able to import the VCF file into it. I need a phone that has large contact storage with multiple fields like email, alternate nos etc. It should be sturdy and strong as I keep dropping it sometimes. It should have a good torch light. Good rear and front camera for video calling. Decent 3g speed. Dual sim is preferable.

My nokia e6 which I love as it has so many features can it be repaired satisfactorily. If no kindly list the phones that I should go for.

ashs1

Padawan
Xperia ZR would be my pick among the lot..
Go for lumia 925 if you wanna experience windows & want a lovely screen with great camera.

P.S : saw vibe X last night at a shop..Seriously sexy design !!! :)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I came from E6 to ZR. I have the following experience to share:

1. Ear piece volume and the volume of provided ear phones in ZR is crap. The volume itself is too low and to add insult to injury the quality is crap too. E6 is simply in an orbit of its own.

2. The availability of applications is exact opposite. There are SO many for ZR. But you will soon get frustrated because of limited internal memory (4.7 GB) and inability to make use of external SD card as moving applications is not allowed.

3. If you are not a heavy user you will find the battery life to be reasonably similar.

From the fact that you are willing to continue with E6, I understand that telephony is more important than applications for you. If that is the case ZR may not be for you. Stick with E6.

praneetsah

Broken In
Get the Lumia 925...Brilliant camera and it would support your contact transfer. and the cloud integration is just amazing!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

1. Ear piece volume and the volume of provided ear phones in ZR is crap. The volume itself is too low and to add insult to injury the quality is crap too. E6 is simply in an orbit of its own.

2. The availability of applications is exact opposite. There are SO many for ZR. But you will soon get frustrated because of limited internal memory (4.7 GB) and inability to make use of external SD card as moving applications is not allowed.

3. If you are not a heavy user you will find the battery life to be reasonably similar.

From the fact that you are willing to continue with E6, I understand that telephony is more important than applications for you. If that is the case ZR may not be for you. Stick with E6.

Seriously??? Ear piece volume low?? I have to lower the volume when calling someone to around 50% as it gets too loud when it is on full. But I guess this differs from person to person.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
DO NOT BUY ANY PHONE RIGHT NOW
New phones are going to be announced on 24 feb.. You can Buy the successor Of Xperia SP it will have a snapdragon 800..Please don't rush just

- - - Updated - - -

This problem Is with every Sony Xperia That came out after 2012..from xperia tipo to xperia Z1 ...the volume is not crap it has been restricted/capped to confirm with some stupid european law..

you can bypass that limit search xda .. and it will sound awesome..

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
DO NOT BUY ANY PHONE RIGHT NOW
New phones are going to be announced on 24 feb.. You can Buy the successor Of Xperia SP it will have a snapdragon 800..Please don't rush just

- - - Updated - - -

This problem Is with every Sony Xperia That came out after 2012..from xperia tipo to xperia Z1 ...the volume is not crap it has been restricted/capped to confirm with some stupid european law..

What's the need? It's audible loud and besides increasing it too much may result in ear damage.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What's the need? It's audible loud and besides increasing it too much may result in ear damage.

I seriously doubt Nokia a Finnish company will not follow European regulations. And it is not ear damage inducing loud in E6.

And there is the lack of clarity in sound too. Just compare E6 and ZR. You will know.

I have mentioned this because OP had an E6 and was suggested ZR. The same thing I did.

---------------

Further KitKat for ZR is only under investigation and it may probably be the last update for it too.

Definitely waiting for the new announcements seems logical.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but I dont understand ...whats soo bad in ZL over ZR ...just that waterproof thing ....they are exactly same dimension

ZL have confirmed kitkat
ZL have 16 GB internal
very loud loudspeaker
very nice patterned back for grip

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I seriously doubt Nokia a Finnish company will not follow European regulations. And it is not ear damage inducing loud in E6.

And there is the lack of clarity in sound too. Just compare E6 and ZR. You will know.

I have mentioned this because OP had an E6 and was suggested ZR. The same thing I did.
---------------

Further KitKat for ZR is only under investigation and it may probably be the last update for it too.

Definitely waiting for the new announcements seems logical.

I had a Nokia x6 before this and this is definately louder.

- - - Updated - - -

but I dont understand ...whats soo bad in ZL over ZR ...just that waterproof thing ....they are exactly same dimension

ZL have confirmed kitkat
ZL have 16 GB internal
very loud loudspeaker
very nice patterned back for grip

Zl is bigger and prone to screen cracking issue.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
You should stick to Nokia offering if telephony is what you need and if you already loved your E6 (or else there are many Android alternatives as well)

New phones are going to be announced on 24 feb.. You can Buy the successor Of Xperia SP it will have a snapdragon 800..Please don't rush just[/SIZE]

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt XSP will get S800 instead it might be an S600 or maybe an entry level S800 (that's a great jump imo)

I didn't know that XDA already has a fix for that

sujoyp

Grand Master
I had a Nokia x6 before this and this is definately louder.

- - - Updated - - -

ZL is bigger and prone to screen cracking issue.

Dimensions -

ZL = 131.6 x 69.3 x 9.8 mm (5.18 x 2.73 x 0.39 in)

ZR = 131.3 x 67.3 x 10.5 mm (5.17 x 2.65 x 0.41 in)

same height, ZL is 2mm wide and ZR is 1 mm thick ....thats same size almost

and where is cracking issue...please give source

Top Bottom