best music playing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Light and Best: WINAMP !!! :)

Heavy and Best: JRiver Media Center (formerly Media Jikebox).

Worst of all Players: RealPlayer and ITunes !!!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
itunes is not a music player its only for transferring songs to ur pod ....

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
For audio files-iTunes Rocks. No other, i mean no other has full features on the free version such as music store, graphic equalizer, transcoding etc
For Video files-VLC Media Player. It plays any kind of file, no need of codecs

desijays

Broken In
anyday, anytime, anywhere....... you can count on VLC. if you need proof, try the portable version that needs no installation.

pops

Broken In
rockthegod said:
Light and Best: WINAMP !!! :)

Heavy and Best: JRiver Media Center (formerly Media Jikebox).

Worst of all Players: RealPlayer and ITunes !!!!

am with you...

Winamp is the best.
as it light, comes with wide range of media type (build in), good playback quality etc..
Play media type like AACPlus (The MP3 Killer!) and then compare with other...

desijays

Broken In
pops said:
am with you...

Winamp is the best.
as it light, comes with wide range of media type (build in), good playback quality etc..
Play media type like AACPlus (The MP3 Killer!) and then compare with other...

MP3 is not gonna go away soon mate. cos AACPlus is sony's proprietary format. And I don't think the music community would want to depend on a another corporation's format.

prasad_den said:
Are you sure..??
I rate iTunes as the worst program ever made..!!
I prefer winamp. Winamp library is quite good..
yes, except for transferring music to your ipod, itunes is not at all a good choice.

gursimran_2006

Broken In
Nothing can beat winamp and wmp11
i think winamp's music library is very good, very fast,lakhs of skins, internet tv in 5.08, radio (Shoutcast).

WMP is best to play videos,hundreds of visulations, exellent media library, URGE to buy music, rip cd, rite cd

Does ur media player give so many things as winamp & WMP

WMP & WINAMP rox, nothing can beat them in its class!!!

pops

Broken In
Am sorry I don’t know aacPlus is the property of sony.
But as far I know Ericsson Mobile Platform licensed for aacPlus v2 in 1995. When it comes to the use of such adv. coding technology, manufacture like Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Siemens and Sony Ericsson etc are already lunched in their devices, it depends upon u to take the advantage of such code or not.

Most of the music company only looking at market and public demand not the technology. They have to change when we change, take a look even a regular CD with 100 MP3 songs is not easily digestible to most of us. When it said 400 number of MP3pro in same CD then what will happen… Hence it will take some time for us to leave old strategy.

All the credit goes to: *www.codingtechnologies.com
*drm.org
*ebu.ch

sorry Pragadheesh it is out of ur topic.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
pops said:
Am sorry I don’t know aacPlus is the property of sony.
But as far I know Ericsson Mobile Platform licensed for aacPlus v2 in 1995. When it comes to the use of such adv. coding technology, manufacture like Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Siemens and Sony Ericsson etc are already lunched in their devices, it depends upon u to take the advantage of such code or not.

Most of the music company only looking at market and public demand not the technology. They have to change when we change, take a look even a regular CD with 100 MP3 songs is not easily digestible to most of us. When it said 400 number of MP3pro in same CD then what will happen… Hence it will take some time for us to leave old strategy.

All the credit goes to: *www.codingtechnologies.com
*drm.org
*ebu.ch

sorry Pragadheesh it is out of ur topic.

If you were aware that it is out of topic, then why did you post it? Please keep the forum clean and tidy. Junk anywhere is an absolute no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom