Best Mobo for Intel C2D + DDR2 800 Mhz

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hi

I need a good quality mobo for which should support Intel C2D E6750 and DDR 2 800 Mhz.......

With onboard LAN, Sound, Video support....

Also what PSU will b good for this config for home use only..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, the thing is it isnt worth investing anymore in these mobos and proceessors. They have reached their EOL(End of Life)

Better to do a full upgrade to a decent Quad AMD based config, 4 GB RAM, good mobo and a FSP Saga II 500w. It would cost around 12k

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you are already having the C2D processor and DDR2 ram and don't want to upgrade to new rig now then my suggestion will be:-
ASUS P5G41T-MLX3 @ 2.4K. If you don't have any middle end graphics card or not planning to add one in the rig of yours, then get anything 500W or above from Intex, Frontech etc. Price will be around 0.5K

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thanks... this systm is for gift to someone (another reason for me to get myself a new rig :) )

hence i am using the Proccy and RAM......

what following thing will cost cheapest as possible
19" LCD monitor
Multimedi Keyboad and mouse
500 GB HDD
2.1 channel Speake
Cabinet and PSU
DVD RW

If you are already having the C2D processor and DDR2 ram and don't want to upgrade to new rig now then my suggestion will be:-
ASUS P5G41T-MLX3 @ 2.4K. If you don't have any middle end graphics card or not planning to add one in the rig of yours, then get anything 500W or above from Intex, Frontech etc. Price will be around 0.5K

This mobo only supports DDR3 RAM.. i have DDR2 RAM..

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi i would personally suggest go for dual core which is cost effective . let us know your budget if you have arround 10k i would suggest for i3 based rig. If less then go for dual core with combo board its giving decent performance round the clock. You need to decide now.

DUAL CORE
E5800@3.2K
G41@2.8K
4GB ie 2x2gb DDR2 @ 2.5K

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
which chipset is better G41 or G45....

and why not AMD, Nvida based mobo,,,, why only intel....and will DDR2 and DDR3 RAM work together if i go for combo board....

@macho84

i am not going for a new Pc... i already have E6750 and DDR2 RAM, my mobo has died and i have gave my graphic card to someon forever....hence only buying a new board .........will wait for another few month

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
These are the Combo boards from Gigabyte, Asus and MSI, all of them support DDR2 and DDR3.....

Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 1.3) *www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3505#sp

Asus P5G41CM *in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S ... 5/P5G41CM/
Asus P5G41CM LX *in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S ... 5G41CM_LX/

MSI G41M-P43-Combo MSI Global – Mainboard - G41M-P43 Combo
MSI G41M-P33-Combo MSI Global – Mainboard - G41M-P33 Combo

My RAM is Corsair DDR2 2 x 2 GB 800 Mhz... i think it has 5 year warranty but not sure....
Please confirm which one will be the best choice.....

Also i if i dont go cmobo way and just bring a DDR2 board what will be the option then.....

i might buy a second hand Graphic card later to play some game untill i dont buy a new system....

Top Bottom