best mobile

srikrishnan

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,

I am new this forum. But I am regular reader of Digit for the past 5 to 6 years. I have also subscribed to Digit for the last one year.

I want to buy a mobile. At present I have Nokia 3230. But it was 4 to 5 years old. I have installed quick office, dictionary in added to that I want to read PDF files from my mobile.

So the screen should be somewhat big. with all the above facilities of installing 3rd party softwares.

My buget is maximum 20,000. Can anybody suggest a best one for my need?

Thanks,
Srikrishnan

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Nokia X6 : 15.5k
2) HTC Legend : 22.5k
3) Samsung Wave : 16k-17k
4) Blackberry Bold 9000 : 22k approx
5) Blackberry Curve 8900 : 19k-20k

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would suggest U Samsung Wave and Samsung Omnia pro B7610

Samsung Omnia pro coz it have 3.5inch screen and an inbuilt office/pdf reader
Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO - Full phone specifications

6x6

Journeyman
^ @sujoyp : you are becoming samsung fan :-D

i personally like Samsung wave over omania due to lightweight, small size, faster processor.

Nokia X6 has the advantage of NOKIA brand name , but it does not have Divx/xvid support out of box.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Naah still not a samsung fan:))...but neither Nokia nor SE have good phones in this range:p

X6 is just a "for the time being" type of phone

srikrishnan wanted a phone that could double up as document reader and pdf reader soo i think Omnia Pro have everything already inside also it have a qwerty keyboard which will help him in editing the files:smile:

Feature & hardware wise Wave is superb

OP
S

srikrishnan

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.

I am very interested to read about the specifications and features of all the phones you are all mentioned.

After I bought best one from this list. I will let you know all.

Thanks,
Srikrishnan

OP
S

srikrishnan

Hi Friends,

I hope "Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO" is the best choice for my interests.

1. It has 3.5" wide screen
2. windows os (I hope it supports unicode, so I can browse even tamil webpages)
3. mobile default applications of office and pdf reader
4. qwerty keyboard with touch screen facility
5. 5 mb camera
6. wifi
7. music
8. 3g

in the feedback pages I came to knew there is a speed issue and keyboard issues in this mobile, can anybody confirm is this a very significant problem with this model or ignorable one?

Also in chennai Univercell quotes the price of the model as Rs. 18,300 (excluding taxes). What is the price of this phone in other major cities like Mumbai, Banglore, etc.?

Thanks in Advance,
Srikrishnan

Top Bottom