best mobile which doubles up as a pdf reader like Kindle

Incredible Hulk

Hulk Smash!
I like reading a lot so I thought of buying the Kindle from Amazon but then thought why not buy a mobile with a higher screen resolution. So guys can you please suggest a mobile which best serves this purpose. If the mobile is under 15K it would be even better. The mobile should also come with 3g and Wi-Fi.

sujoyp

Grand Master
1st thing- U wont get a screen bigger then 3.2 inch under 15k

U can get X6 8gb (if available) or X6 16gb ..it have 3.2inch capacitive screen

Samsung Wave have 3.3 inch capacitive screen @ 17-18k

Samsung Omnia Pro have 3.5 inch resistive screen @ 18-19k

for a 4 inch screen u have to spend 25k+:wink:

OP
Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Hulk Smash!
1st thing- U wont get a screen bigger then 3.2 inch under 15k

U can get X6 8gb (if available) or X6 16gb ..it have 3.2inch capacitive screen

Samsung Wave have 3.3 inch capacitive screen @ 17-18k

Samsung Omnia Pro have 3.5 inch resistive screen @ 18-19k

for a 4 inch screen u have to spend 25k+:wink:

how is htc touch diamond? I know it's expensive but I can get a second hand one but I hrd it's slow

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
u talking abt HTC diamond or Diamond 2

Diamond has only 2.8 inch screen which is too small
Diamond 2 have 3.2 inch screen

whats the price??

I would say its not worth to go for any of them...

if u want cheap get Nokia 5230 which have 3g

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, if you really like reading a lot, then nothing beats Kindle 3 IMHO. The new one is great.

There isn't any mobile which would double up as a great PDF reader like Kindle.

Sorry for going offtopic..but If I were you..I would go for a PSP.. (you read it right)

I am using psp for reading pdf, playing games and for entertainment. None of the phones satisfy my needs of reading books on portable devices. Offcourse, gaming plays an important role here.

Buy a 5-6k phone and a psp..you wont regret it.

Else, as ico said.. "nothing beats Kindle 3 IMHO"

OP
Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Hulk Smash!
Sorry for going offtopic..but If I were you..I would go for a PSP.. (you read it right)

I am using psp for reading pdf, playing games and for entertainment. None of the phones satisfy my needs of reading books on portable devices. Offcourse, gaming plays an important role here.

Buy a 5-6k phone and a psp..you wont regret it.

Else, as ico said.. "nothing beats Kindle 3 IMHO"

yeah I agree a psp is much better but u can't carry a psp to work or while u r travelling to work. U know I do some reading while travelling also. Actually an Ipad is much better than a Kindle (saw some ipad vs kindle vids on youtube) but I already own a laptop so dont want to spend on another one.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yeah I agree a psp is much better but u can't carry a psp to work or while u r travelling to work. U know I do some reading while travelling also. Actually an Ipad is much better than a Kindle (saw some ipad vs kindle vids on youtube) but I already own a laptop so dont want to spend on another one.

how about ipod touch. Apps like Kindle for iOS, iBooks, stanza, ipdf make reading books on ipod touch a pleasure and is the best of the crop.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Get an Android. You can download Aldiko or kindle itself :D to read books. You have laputa and a few others too.
Dont get symbian or Wave or blah. Hardly any apps.Waste of money.

then the best option for you is given below :

Get an Android. You can download Aldiko or kindle itself :D to read books. You have laputa and a few others too.
Dont get symbian or Wave or blah. Hardly any apps.Waste of money.

OP
Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Hulk Smash!
Guys thanks for all the suggestions. I was considering buying an Ipod which someone suggested earlier but an android phone looks equally tempting. I was hence planning to go for either i5700 or X10 but since X10 has a very small screen size (and not suitable for reading) and i5700 no longer is available I think I will wait a couple of weeks more for the i5800 to be released. I hope it doesn't disappoint me else I will go for an Ipod. So thanks again.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u can adjust with poor resolution screen of i5800 then wait for it. it have 240x400 screen:cry:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys thanks for all the suggestions. I was considering buying an Ipod which someone suggested earlier but an android phone looks equally tempting. I was hence planning to go for either i5700 or X10 but since X10 has a very small screen size (and not suitable for reading) and i5700 no longer is available I think I will wait a couple of weeks more for the i5800 to be released. I hope it doesn't disappoint me else I will go for an Ipod. So thanks again.

I have ipod touch and HTC Legend and for book reading, ipod touch is miles ahead. And there are more options on ipod touch than on Legend. If you already have a decent phone, go for ipod touch.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't buy iPod touch at the moment. Apple always launches a new version of iPod Touch during September. Wait for one more month.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
just in case if you want to buy a used kindle 2 i am selling it for 9k let me know if you are intrested.

TechEnclave

raman0890

Broken In
can u read pdf files in the offline mode in ipod touch? I know that u cant do so in 1G models.

yes you can .Good reader is one of the best pdf reader in app store.Also you can copy files via usb to itouch that can be viewed in this app.Not only pdf but all kind of documents format like doc ,ppt,etc audio video files can be opened.

Top Bottom