Best Mobile phone with 3G and WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree01

Broken In
Hi,

I want to buy a mobile phone with 3G and Wifi . my budget is around 10K.
if it has an OS it will be an added advantage. Please give your suggestions

nmenon

Broken In
If you want a multimedia phone the 5800XM from Nokia fits the bill. Only problem is that its price is Rs.13K.

OP
sree01

sree01

Broken In
i am looking for better connectivity options.

E63 looks boring and old

which one is the best when comparing 5800XM and Samsung galaxy spica i5700?
How is the performance after Samsung galaxy spica i5700 is upgraded to Android 2.1? Is it avaliable in Kerala?

pritamonline

Broken In
After reading reviews on this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124751 I too was excited to get Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700, but after checking the phone's performance on latest Android 2.1 OS bundled with new cell phone was very much disappointing.

Its keyboard very slow... Phone is slow....Camera response is slow.., too much time lag.

I purchased Nokia 5800 xm yesterday and m very happy that i changed my decision at the right time and brought the right phone.

Those who still want to go for Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 please self check the phone for atleast 5-10 minutes. If you are ok with the slow performance of phone with Android 2.1 then go ahead, its ur choice.

jain_pranav

Broken In
Well i dont think 2.1 is officialy available in india.
N all those phones which hv 2.1 are unreleased versions..
Im on 1.5 n phone works perfectly fine.
Wifi & signal connectivity is amazing..
Evn the voice quality is nice..cnt say abt 3g

pritamonline

Broken In
Well i dont think 2.1 is officialy available in india.
N all those phones which hv 2.1 are unreleased versions..
Im on 1.5 n phone works perfectly fine.
Wifi & signal connectivity is amazing..
Evn the voice quality is nice..cnt say abt 3g

New Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 are coming with Android 2.1. If anyone from Mumbai living around Malad, go to Inorbit Mall. Just near the Entrance all latest Samsung Cell phones are kept for display. Beautiful ladies :-D give us the demo of cell phone which you wish to buy/see. You can take the cell and self check all the options. I tested Galaxy spica which was brand new piece with OS Android 2.1 . Cell is coming with Android 2.1 these days.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
u mean to say the screen become slow in multitasking??

I agree to that

yeah...when u r surfing net, at d same time u listening songs then ur net performance wil become definitely slow...hmm...bt opera browser makes difference...

sujoyp

Grand Master
yeah...when u r surfing net, at d same time u listening songs then ur net performance wil become definitely slow...hmm...bt opera browser makes difference...

yah true..thats coz of hardware limitations i think...Omnia HD can run 62 applications simultaneously;-)

OP
sree01

sree01

Broken In
Can anybody confirm that the performance of Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 is slow when upgraded to Android 2.1?

After reading all the reviews I made up my mind to buy a Spica and then upgrade it to 2.1, I thought it will be better choice than 5800XM. Do i made a wrong choice?
Is the size of RAM is not sufficient for Android 2.1? and the lack of proximity sensor affects the normal usage?

:?:

sachitgul

Journeyman
Can anybody confirm that the performance of Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 is slow when upgraded to Android 2.1?

After reading all the reviews I made up my mind to buy a Spica and then upgrade it to 2.1, I thought it will be better choice than 5800XM. Do i made a wrong choice?
Is the size of RAM is not sufficient for Android 2.1? and the lack of proximity sensor affects the normal usage?

go for the i5700 with your eyes closed..
its owns the 5800 XM..

and IMO i5700 has more than 128mb RAM..
and yus it does lag a little wen scrolling thru apps and sometimes at the homescreen..

there is a newer firmware which supposedly solves these issues..
and u can alwys remove the pantheon homescreen and use a liteMod to speed up things..

go for the i5700..
its an awesome phone..

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

After reading reviews on this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124751 I too was excited to get Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700, but after checking the phone's performance on latest Android 2.1 OS bundled with new cell phone was very much disappointing.

Its keyboard very slow... Phone is slow....Camera response is slow.., too much time lag.

I purchased Nokia 5800 xm yesterday and m very happy that i changed my decision at the right time and brought the right phone.

Those who still want to go for Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 please self check the phone for atleast 5-10 minutes. If you are ok with the slow performance of phone with Android 2.1 then go ahead, its ur choice.

i dont know why but IMO u r trolling..
and if u arent..

THEN please stop praising the 5800XM like its the best phone ever..
i got ntn against the 5800 mate
its a good phone and all..
even i considered it a while back but now im happy dat i waited..

and please stop faking around..
Android 2.1 is not coming out of the box for the i5700..

hell android 2.1 isn't coming out of the box in Germany AFAIK..

sujoyp

Grand Master
The general user experience provided by the Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica running on Android 2.1 is pretty good, but the generally inconsistent performance is a pretty big issue at this stage. Apparently the handset is pretty well prepared hardware-wise (you can see the benchmark results below) but the software needs quite some further optimization.

Some of the apps are fine even at this stage and the interface is pretty snappy but exceptions like the camera and the gallery are too great to overlook. We will speak about that in more detail later in the review, but those tend to lag much more often than we would have liked.

If we had to guess we would say that the low amount of RAM (rumored 128MB) doesn’t allow much stuff to be cached and so needs to be loaded every time.
its from gsmarena.com......I think its ok at that price point

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Try both of them before you make your final decision. My personal choice would be Spica, I have a 5800XM too and still I would vote for Spica anyday :)

go for the i5700 with your eyes closed..
its owns the 5800 XM..

and IMO i5700 has more than 128mb RAM..
and yus it does lag a little wen scrolling thru apps and sometimes at the homescreen..

there is a newer firmware which supposedly solves these issues..
and u can alwys remove the pantheon homescreen and use a liteMod to speed up things..

go for the i5700..
its an awesome phone..

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

i dont know why but IMO u r trolling..
and if u arent..

THEN please stop praising the 5800XM like its the best phone ever..
i got ntn against the 5800 mate
its a good phone and all..
even i considered it a while back but now im happy dat i waited..

and please stop faking around..
Android 2.1 is not coming out of the box for the i5700..

hell android 2.1 isn't coming out of the box in Germany AFAIK..
+1
its from gsmarena.com......I think its ok at that price point
As they pointed out correctly, all those little bugs are because of the software, so the next few updates should iron out all these issues. Hopefully in Froyo :))

Case point, look at difference between the v1.1 5800 and the v40 5800. 5800 feels like a whole new device after v40 with kinetic scrolling and all.Then you'll understand what I'm saying. After upgrading to 2.1, I can see some huge differences in phone's(Spica) performance and most the issues that were pointed in this thread are cleared in 2.1

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

Hi there,
I couldn't find a single reference saying that Samsung was being bundled with 2.1 Eclair Phones. Is it possible that this is what happened.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1226382&postcount=251
And no offense I seriously doubt that 5800 being more Value for Money than the Spica. To the person who intends on buying the phone , go to the actual store and try it out for yourself. Only then will you find a phone you like :) .

hwsbh

Broken In
i think u shdn't pass E63 over. It is THE phone for connectivity in under 10k range. It has both WIFI and 3g, in addition to Nokia's messaging service and ovi maps with navigation!! It is has almost all the features of a blackberry but doesn't cost as much :) But in case u want touchscreen and are willing to spend extra, choose between 5800 and i5700. If u can do without wifi, u can also look at 5230.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom