Best Hosting Service --- How did we miss!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi guys ...

today i was going thru the lifehackers site and saw this hosting site...

*www.nearlyfreespeech.net/images/logo.gif

We Host Web Sites

For as little as $0.25, you can move your websites to NearlyFreeSpeech.NET, the original home of only pay for what you use hosting. See the proof for yourself.

We Have What You Need

Our service includes all your favorite features!
  • PHP 5 by default (PHP 4 still hanging on)
  • CGI support (12+ Languages)
  • Powerful MySQL 5.0 support
  • Full access: ssh, SFTP, FTP
  • Custom control panel
  • Fast, friendly, expert support

Please visit it guys...

it may be worth for many newbies

Please post ur comment

here is the site : *www.nearlyfreespeech.net/​

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
My blog is hosted by NFS :D
Their support system is awesome.
But their custom control panel is thoroughly confusing.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i havent bought it..

but seems very interesting....

isn it ??

pay as u use..

a very brilliant idea and it really saves loads of money for newbies ,.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
That hosting service may be "best" for some people, but not for everyone - depending on the user's needs. Think a bit before you take the plunge. For illustrative calculations, let's take $1 as Rs.50.

Their charge for data transfer starts at a minimum of $1 per month. That's Rs.600 a year even if your bandwidth usage is very light or even zero. There are many paid hosting services cheaper than that.

Sure, the rate per GB goes down with higher usage, but it will never be less than Rs.600 a year. If you use 2GB in a month, the rate drops to $0.77 per GB per month; but the actual charge is $0.77*2 = $1.54 = Rs.77/month = Rs.924/year. At 5GB/month, it goes up to Rs.1770/year. And so on.......

The above calculations still do not include charges for space. At $0.01 per MB per month, that's a minimum of Rs.6 a year. So the absolute minimum even for, say, a 20 KB blog with minimal traffic is still Rs.606 a year. Compare this with some of the offers in this very forum, e.g., Rs.199/year for 250MB/2.5GB/month.

Another example: Say you put up a small website of 50 MB. That's Rs.300/year plus Rs.600 = Rs.900. For larger sites and heavier traffic, the fees go up and up.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Well, not to be rude, but can you seriously tell me what criteria do you use to call it as "Best" ? If price is the only criteria you have considered, then someone can cut better deals.

Also you have not even used their services.

And ok.....what about the resources like RAM, proccy, query limits, mail server resources. These are not even mentioned clearly on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom