Best Graphics card for G31 Gigabyte M/B

rahul_2013

Right off the assembly line
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard G31M-S2L
Expansion Slots PCI Express X16 slot
400W Power Supply

I am confused regarding which Graphics Card will be best for my PC Config ?
As i have just Ver 1 PCI Express slot & a M/B supporting DDR2 RAM.

I was wondering if a graphics Card like Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 will work to its full capacity for my PC
or a lower version Card will work just like it because of my low PC Configuration

satyanjoy

Sweet Poison
what power supply do you have ? With a descent 400w psu (corsair/seasonic/coolermaster) you can go with a 6670 till 7770 easily.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
bro graphics card doesnt depend on ram or system specs,you can use any gfx card depending on your budget...

doomgiver

Warframe
bro graphics card doesnt depend on ram or system specs,you can use any gfx card depending on your budget...

graphics card DOES depend on system specs.

you cant put a gtx680 in OP's rig, the cpu would be a huge bottleneck.
you cant put power hungry gpu's in rigs with low end power supplies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
What is the budget for the Graphics card? Also I am guessing you are using Local Frontech/Intex Power Supply that comes with the Cabinet, otherwise you would have mentioned it separately with the brand name. So for using a good GPU, you need to get a good PSU too.

OP
R

rahul_2013

Thank you all for your reply's :)

Now with your answers I am thinking of going for a Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

With ATI HD 7770 card Can i go with Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU ? Because i didnt find this PSU Model in AMD recommended PSU'S ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corsair is a reputed brnad in PSU market so if you go with any Corsair PSU it would be OK but you better stick with either CX or GS series instead IMO.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, go with CX 430 V2. IT can even handle a HD 7850. OP, please let us know the total budget for the upgrade so that we can suggest accordingly.

OP
R

rahul_2013

My budget is upto 4K
Just to aad to my above configuration I also have 2 HDD's 1TB + 500GB

4k budget is for PSU.. I already took 7770

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
for hd7770 and core2quad, corsair vs-450 is enough (~Rs2000)
and spend extra money on cpu cooler like coolermaster hyper tx3 evo or hyper 212 evo (~Rs2000) and overclock your cpu

Top Bottom