Best Graphics Card DDR3 or DDR5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
GTX 650 amp! is almost equal to 7790, slightly noisier and requires more power. But considering Next-Gen, it has insane overclocking abilities, notching up performance by almost 10-15%. In a year or two, 650amp will be better purchase. Also, since is more than an year old, you should look at local retailers for better deals rather than buying online.

It is gtx 650 Ti AMP > hd 7790 , not 650 amp

Gtx 650ti boost/Hd 7850 > Gtx 650ti AMP > Hd 7790/gtx 650ti > Hd 7770 > gtx 650 amp

Akira

Augmented Nerd
It is gtx 650 Ti AMP > hd 7790 , not 650 amp

Gtx 650ti boost/Hd 7850 > Gtx 650ti AMP > Hd 7790/gtx 650ti > Hd 7770 > gtx 650 amp

7790 2gb GDDR5 is a better buy sure. But isn't it more expensive?

And to OP, more importantly, do get 2gb GDDR5, not just 1. It will last atleast 2-3 more years, with games sucking up more and more memory.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I am using...
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard /Chipset (AMD 970, AMD SB950)

that's why i prefer ATI/AMD Graphics cards.....to avoid GEFORCE GTX ...

I am using...

That's just non-sense. There is ABSOLUTELY no problem is usning nvidia cards with AMD processors :facepalm:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
GTX 650 amp! is almost equal to 7790, slightly noisier and requires more power. But considering Next-Gen, it has insane overclocking abilities, notching up performance by almost 10-15%. In a year or two, 650amp will be better purchase. Also, since is more than an year old, you should look at local retailers for better deals rather than buying online.

Sorry, :oops: but I would hate to see a guy not use his system at full potential just because he didn't know about 32-bit limits...

indicating the mistake to op that 32 bit os is not the way to go for 8gb is a good thing. but encouraging to pirate os is not allowed here.
650 amp is not equal to 7790

7790 2gb GDDR5 is a better buy sure. But isn't it more expensive?

And to OP, more importantly, do get 2gb GDDR5, not just 1. It will last atleast 2-3 more years, with games sucking up more and more memory.

there is no ponit in getting a 650 2gb amp for 12k while even 7790 at 9.8k will beat it out of the box. for 12k ,there is no absolute competition for 650 ti boost. dont fall for the gimmic of 2gb, it is the graphic processor which is more important. there are some 4gb gpus available like gt 640 4gb, do you think it is faster than 7770 or provie better gaming performance??

I am using...

get the best within your budget. both will do just fine.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@OP: go for HD7790. best bet for your budget.

and that PSU, Cooler Master?? or cool master?? if its cool master, change it asap to a better one.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I like to add one more graphics card in future..with same model..within a year...and then two graphics cards are identical and connected by a "bridge,".

I seen in card there is no bridge....How to buy with bridge connected card...

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 135
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 131

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I like to add one more graphics card in future..with same model..within a year...and then two graphics cards are identical and connected by a "bridge,".

I seen in card there is no bridge....How to buy with bridge connected card...

your board support only crossfire that too at x16/x4 speed which will be a bottleneck(atleast 10% penalty). you better buy a single powerful gpu.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
dont fall for the gimmic of 2gb, it is the graphic processor which is more important. there are some 4gb gpus available like gt 640 4gb, do you think it is faster than 7770 or provie better gaming performance??

This. While I agree 2Gb of VRAM was not required an year or two ago, it is now required for AA levels(tesallation) and higher resolution(1080p). Next gen games won't last long on your 1 GB GPU, unless you go higher and buy a better model(like HD7850 or 7870 or R7/R9 series). 2 GB of VRAM is not a gimmick, not anymore at least. PS4 HAS 8 GB OF VRAM :shock:.
It's obvious that newer games are going to use even more of vram. That being said, no need in going higher than 2gb. Also, don't spend too high just to get that extra 1gb. If you take that path, buy a better model instead.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
This. While I agree 2Gb of VRAM was not required an year or two ago, it is now required for AA levels(tesallation) and higher resolution(1080p). Next gen games won't last long on your 1 GB GPU, unless you go higher and buy a better model(like HD7850 or 7870 or R7/R9 series). 2 GB of VRAM is not a gimmick, not anymore at least. PS4 HAS 8 GB OF VRAM :shock:.
It's obvious that newer games are going to use even more of vram. That being said, no need in going higher than 2gb. Also, don't spend too high just to get that extra 1gb. If you take that path, buy a better model instead.

no..no......it is not like that. higher memory(vram) makes sense only with capable gpus and is a marketing gimmic for low end gpus. games uses higher amount of vram and needs a powerful graphic processor too. nowadays games uses more than 2gb vram in 1080p itself. 2gb is more future proof but a waste for lower end cards for the money spend.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Well, Ok, I ain't gonna argue. But i still think it's better to get 2gb at this point, just to future-proof. Games like Crysis 3 and BF3 already need more than 1 gb at high setting.

To OP, just don't spend more to get 2gb. Lower end cards can still run new games at very-low/low/medium settings.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Well, Ok, I ain't gonna argue. But i still think it's better to get 2gb at this point, just to future-proof. Games like Crysis 3 and BF3 already need more than 1 gb at high setting.

To OP, just don't spend more to get 2gb. Lower end cards can still run new games at very-low/low/medium settings.

i am not against getting 2gb. but there is simply no point in getting gtx 650 2gb over hd 7770 1gb.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
My friend was sale graphics card for ....
ATI Radeon 5750 1 GB DDR5 for Rs.2000/-
it is ok...please suggest me...

check this for compare,,,

*goo.gl/GRB8Jf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom