Status
Not open for further replies.

shreeux

Movie Buff
I am recently upgraded the system ....

Configuration is...
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard
Corsair DDR3 8GB RAM PC3-12800J (800 MHz)
Cool Master 750W SMPS
Seagate 500GB Hard disk
windows 7 sp1 32bit

what is difference between DDR3 and DDR5?

I like to buy new Graphics card for games, my budget is 7000 to 10,000.

maheshn

Journeyman
I am recently upgraded the system ....

Configuration is...
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard
Corsair DDR3 8GB RAM PC3-12800J (800 MHz)
Cool Master 750W SMPS
Seagate 500GB Hard disk
windows 7 sp1 32bit

what is difference between DDR3 and DDR5?t, a 1G

I like to buy new Graphics card for games, my budget is 7000 to 10,000.

DDR5 is *much* faster than DDR3, if you have an option at all go for DDR5. Simply put a 1GB DDR5 graphics card will happily outperform a 2GB DDR3 card... (and that's not all of it either)

Hope this helps you in your purchase... :)

> have you already purchased those components, if not, those are not at all good parts. Start a new thread here for optimum suggestion of complete rig: PC Components / Configurations

> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
> have you already purchased those components, if not, those are not at all good parts. Start a new thread here for optimum suggestion of complete rig: PC Components / Configurations

> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Except for the ram, I think it's. decent enough config. Aye?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card = 7300/-
and
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 HDMI OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card = 8850/-

why the price was difference?

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card = 7300/-
and
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 HDMI OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card = 8850/-

why the price was difference?

@OP; I am repeating this one last time: your decided config is NOT AT ALL good. If you haven;'t purchased the PC, start a new thread for suggestion or move this thread.

> that PSU is most probably is CM extreme or thunder which are crap.
> you do not need a 700 W PSU. Waste of money.
> that RAM has a much better and cheaper substitute.
> 32 bit OS cannot use more than 3.5 GB of RAM.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I have to change 64bit OS A.S.A.P,

now days pc games works in 64bit OS only,

In DDR5 which one is best also in future.....7750,7770 or 7790 the price was little bit different

I have to change 64bit OS A.S.A.P,

now days pc games works in 64bit OS only,

In DDR5 which one is best also in future.....7750,7770 or 7790 the price was little bit different

Not just that, FX 6100 is bulldozer. Piledriver is already out form such a long time. FX 6300 is much much better than FX 6100. About PSU, CM is not good. Seasonic S12II 520 W is much better PSU.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card vs Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Compare Graphics Cards: Flipkart.com

I dont understand what is the difference same model price was huge difference....specification also mostly same..?

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card vs Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Compare Graphics Cards: Flipkart.com

I dont understand what is the difference same model price was huge difference....specification also mostly same..?

Mate, look at the increased memory and faster core clocks(4500-5000 MHz). The size is smaller too, which means more compact and likely a better cooling system. At the most, 5-10% of increase in performance. Worth it? Hell no. You might not even notice the difference, unless you are a hardcore gamer. Which, looking at the rest of your specs, I can tell you are not. And if you really can go for the 10k piece, this is a much better option(ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 AMP! Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - ZOTAC: Flipkart.com).
You wont run games on 60fps with Ultra, but they will still run smoothly and comfortably.

And seriously, don't buy that PSU or get a 32-bit Windows. Hell, pirate it if you really have to. Only 64 bit will give you the most out of your RAM.

The more expensive one is factory overclocked to 1100 MHz whereas other one comes at base clock of 1000 MHz. This is not a big difference as you can yourself increase the clock speed too with the bundled software. Get the cheaper one.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Mate, look at the increased memory and faster core clocks(4500-5000 MHz). The size is smaller too, which means more compact and likely a better cooling system. At the most, 5-10% of increase in performance. Worth it? Hell no. You might not even notice the difference, unless you are a hardcore gamer. Which, looking at the rest of your specs, I can tell you are not. And if you really can go for the 10k piece, this is a much better option(ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 AMP! Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - ZOTAC: Flipkart.com).
You wont run games on 60fps with Ultra, but they will still run smoothly and comfortably.

And seriously, don't buy that PSU or get a 32-bit Windows. Hell, pirate it if you really have to. Only 64 bit will give you the most out of your RAM.

what??? gtx 650 over 7770(available at 8k most places)?? 650 ti /7790 should be the choices after 7770. 7790 is even available at 9.8k.

Don't talk about piracy here....

Akira

Augmented Nerd
what??? gtx 650 over 7770(available at 8k most places)?? 650 ti /7790 should be the choices after 7770. 7790 is even available at 9.8k.

GTX 650 amp! is almost equal to 7790, slightly noisier and requires more power. But considering Next-Gen, it has insane overclocking abilities, notching up performance by almost 10-15%. In a year or two, 650amp will be better purchase. Also, since is more than an year old, you should look at local retailers for better deals rather than buying online.

Don't talk about piracy here....

Sorry, :oops: but I would hate to see a guy not use his system at full potential just because he didn't know about 32-bit limits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom