Best free online radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I'm on the look out for a quality online radio site. I don't mind listening only to songs, but I would prefer RJs talking sometime. The site should be completely free. Registered at Last.fm, but I can't pay $3 monthly. So, I'm off it for now.

There should not be any kind of application(like toolbars, site specific players) specially downloaded to play these songs. Should be able to play directly from a browser or directly from Windows Media Player. If there is an option of sharing playlists from other users, it'll definitely be more fun. Please let me know if you guys are already using any similar service.

Last edited:

rkarthea

Right off the assembly line
The best ever I've used is Shoutcast. You can choose to play from within the browser or in a stand-alone player like wmp or winamp. With Winamp, it is automatically integrated. And its got amazing number of stations to choose from. It even has regional Indian language stations. Check it out at: www.shoutcast.com

And it is free.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@Kalpik-Created an account in Grooveshark. It's awesome! Mind sharing your playlist? :D

@rkarthea-I thought Shoutcast worked only through Winamp. Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

@devil-I don't want to install any applications. Only through browser or the default WMP.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Heh.. I don't have any playlist as such.. It's all in my mind :D I mostly listen to Armin Van Buuren..

lavomer

Right off the assembly line
I loved Pandora. It's top on my list. Sadly though, they confined their broadcast inside the US only due to the new Congress bill that pertains to internet radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom