Best Email Service

The Best Email Service is....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yahoo offers pop3 access in it's free mail service.

Pls confirm in your yahoo mail :wink:

I know there are some smart apps exists which enables us to access yahooo mail account as pop3 but yahoo mail's free version does not supports this.

Yahoo was giving this facility to it's free users around 4 years back but now they don't offers this feature in their free mail version anymore.

To get pop3 access you need to subscribe to yahoo mail plus which is $19.99 per year :p ( take a look at the link and everything will be clear )

*overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Krow

Crowman
^Gmail gives it for free right? IIRC, POP3 is old, IMAP is the new thing, which is supposedly better, right?

Gauravs90

geek........
Don't know about you but my account still allows pop3 access

*img192.imageshack.us/img192/8636/13808500.jpg

Here's the setting of pop3 access in yahoo mail

*img710.imageshack.us/img710/8905/16512804.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yup, looks like you are getting pop3 access but for some strange reason I'm not :confused:

But I don't care much either as I have gmail :p

@ krow - yup, imap is better than pop3 . Take a look @ here and :p
*www.imap.org/imap.vs.pop.brief.html

Krow

Crowman
Best way is Mozilla Thunderbird. You can integrate it into Gmail using POP3 and IMAP. When I was using it, I could download my whole inbox into my PC. :lol:

ajin115

Broken In
Gmail ---------------> 10/10
Yahoomail ----------> 9/10
Hotmail -------------> 9/10
Rediffmail ----------> 5/10
ZapakMail ----------> -10/10

Last edited:
M

mickeyy

I used Eudora for years...switched to Thunderbird...this was a good choice for me...lotsa features...if your using firefox even better...but waint until you try to uninstall incredimail and it's search engine.. good luck! if you don't know how to work in the registry, I just finally got rid of mine and I put it on by mistake

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ this thread is about best e-mail service provider not about best e-mail client apps:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom