best DSLR @ 25k max

ajay600

Broken In
Hi,
I'm a newbee photographer and I have so far used only point and shoot cameras... I now want to get myself a DSLR.

max budget
~25000
lower the better.

Main purpose of the cam will be :
1) Indoor use such as shooting in birthday parties/ family get to geathers
2) outdoor shoots whenever I go on a holiday/ road trip
Needs:
1) Vey good image clarity
2) very good video recording clarity

Not Needed:
Shooting Wildlife/Nature will never happen.

also, I found a deal on ebay "NIKON D3100 DSLR CAMERA with 18-55mm V.R LENS " for 23.6k ( will be reduced further by 750 after using discount coupons )

can i go with this deal or will any other DSLR serve my needs better.
Also, what is the need for using the "18-55mm V.R LENS". can i just get the camera alone without the lens if I get it some 1-2k cheaper!?

Apologise for the noob questions... this will the first time i will even be touching a DSLR
Thanks!

raja manuel

In the zone
If you need to ask why you need a lens with the DSLR you are clearly not ready for a DSLR. I would suggest you first read up on DSLRs to see if you really need one. Particularly, read up on what it is like to shoot videos with a DSLR before you decide if you want one.

OP
A

ajay600

Broken In
Yep... I definitely agree i know nothing about dslr...
But i know that grEat shots can be captured using an slr....
Ill be learning this as i capture a lot of images

Also this is an entry level slr... I shall be moving to better and more advanced slr as and when i feel ive mastered it

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes you can surely get D3100 and start ur journey in the world of photography...afterwards you can just upgrade the lenses and buy flash tripod etc

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You can start even cheaper with the Canon 1100D for Rs 21,900 for 18-55 kit lens.But yes the Nikon for a bit more money has a better beginners guide and HD video recording capability and better build.

add 4k and get a d5100 gives the best of both worlds, d3100 like learner friendly ability alongwith the sensor of the probably the worlds most fantastic semi-pro camera the d7000

OP
A

ajay600

Broken In
@all,

Just checked out at a camera store the nikon d31000 model... Image clarity was superb...

During video recording, on holding it in the same position, performance was excellent..
But on moving the camera focus to a different spot, it blurs for 2 second and then refrehes and then again displays clearly...
The auto focus sound was also high...

If i dont need auto focus, i know the sound will not come... But will the video recording still blur for about 2 secs each time i move the camera focus... even my basic model phone camera handles the change of focus very well

Pls let me know ur comments

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, you can turn off AF and you may avoid AF sound. But you have to focus manually. Even though DSLRs are used for video recording, I think D3100 is not that good. Generally, people prefer Canon over Nikon DSLR if they give weightage on video over image or equal weightage to both image and video.

sujoyp

Grand Master
D3100 is not at all good for video recording ...it needs fast focussing lens which can focus silently and quickly...but if u keep the cam on a position and record something it will be fine

OP
A

ajay600

Broken In
Went to a local camera store with cash in hand to purchase the nikon d3100. The owner said that d3100 has stopped production and only d3200 is currently being produced and available...
He quoted me a price of 22.3 k for d3200 with kit lens and bill and warranty... The price was too good to believe... So i returned back home thinking something fishy was in the product..

Is it really not produced now a days the d3100

sujoyp

Grand Master
both things seems wrong...D3100 production is still on and D3200 for 22.5k is just too cheap..impossible

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah D5100 is always better then D3100 ...its like saying Samsung galaxy S4 is better then galaxy grand :D ...but for newbie its the same learning cycle in both of them.

Top Bottom