Best Diesel Hatch - suggest

a stranger

Broken In
best one in the market is swift
but for diesel version, have to wait atleast 7 months.

so accoding to me its polo the best1.

suresh123

Right off the assembly line
My vote will go with maruti swift because it is the most reliable company in India and as we all know swift is dominating the market from many years.So i would suggest you to go for swift.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Have anyone seen the new renault cars? Sexyyyy.

are you talking about the renault pulse ???
i didnt like the looks the exterior is somewhat like micra and the interiors are a bit girly and especially the door opening handle from inner side
it can be considered for girls though

tkin

Back to school!!
are you talking about the renault pulse ???
i didnt like the looks the exterior is somewhat like micra and the interiors are a bit girly and especially the door opening handle from inner side
it can be considered for girls though
Dunno, pulse looks good to me, but koleos and duster both looks good, specially koleos.

Back to hatch, like the pulse, but guess Swift does carry maruti's reliability and the engine is pretty good too.

My fav still remains the Beat though :mrgreen:

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Dunno, pulse looks good to me, but koleos and duster both looks good, specially koleos.

Back to hatch, like the pulse, but guess Swift does carry maruti's reliability and the engine is pretty good too.

My fav still remains the Beat though :mrgreen:

same here i also love beat but i already own a swift diesel so no match for this beauty specially the turbo kick ... i advise you to go for a test drive of swift diesel ...i bet you will fall in love

tkin

Back to school!!
same here i also love beat but i already own a swift diesel so no match for this beauty specially the turbo kick ... i advise you to go for a test drive of swift diesel ...i bet you will fall in love
Gonna book a TD soon, I drive a K10 now :| small little devil :-?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Whats wrong with the Fiat Punto ??

My friend owns one, compare to any of the models mentioned here, I find it best in terms of Space and ride quality (suspension feels far far better than any other hatch)..

yes though he seems never happy to take to service :p but as a car i love the driving feeling of this one :)

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
Even I suggest you to have a look at punto.Its a great car.
And also check out Fabia and i20.

Punto is great car with excellent handling and great space inside. But the after market service is not good and has lot of issues. Fabia quality is good, premium service costs more like polo.

i20 - I am thinking to cancell swift booking and go for new 2012 iGen i20. It has Rain sensing wipers, auto headlamp, rear parking camera in view mirror. Auto folding and heater in rear mirror. Tilt and telescopic sterring and all these in a b+ segment hatch :-o

Also there is no price increase for new iGen i20

what about i20 diesel looks good and has a powerful engine too with awesome interiors...you wont regret it

Yeah ! The new iGen i20 with fluidic design and new features makes me to cancel swift booking. Hope poor AC and Steering Rattle in old i20 has been addressed in new i20. Diesel Mileage 21.9kmpl as per ARAI !

a stranger

Broken In
both are good hatchback cars.

swift has resale value and u have to wait at least 6 months

where polo lacks resale value.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i happened to have test driven the i20 diesel(asked for petrol but got diesel instead) & its brilliant...good engine..good response etc...about the AC prob..i noticed the AC performance to have improved substantially in the diesel i20...didn't see the petrol one but definitely better than the older i20 in terms of cooling...

Volkswagen polo is fuel efficient car but compared to swift it is costly car and figo is also good money saver swift is not good at its road grip too i prefer you polo and ford figo

aroraanant

Explorer
Even I will take a diesel hatchback in sometime, in 1-6months, whenever a good scheme comes.
May be I will trade in my Palio Stile Top Model for a Punto in future.
But I am very much fascinated by i20 and fabia.
Though Swift, Figo and Polo are also quite good.But ford cars require a lot of maintenance, and swift very common and old now.

techkens

Banned
polo tdi of volkswagen company is the best car to buy, it has fully electrical controls with high power engine and good fuel efficient vehicle it is available in both petrol and diesel versions so polo is the best one in my view.

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
After Starting this thread almost 7 months ago, I researched many cars and was arranging for Finance.

On 28th June'12, I brought Ford Figo Diesel Car, its Red sporty colour. It was a very tough decision to go through various models and make a selection. And finally, considering various aspects, opinions, needs, cost, suitability, I decided to go for Figo (Figo means "cool" in Italian) Here's my purchase experience -

I reviewed other cars like Volkswagen Polo, which has excellect looks, but has 1200 CC engine with 3 cylinders (should have 4 cylinders for mileage, pickup, less noise & vibrations) priced high with premium. The rear seat is like a bench with less comfort and more over, maintenance cost is too high. Nissan Micra also has 3 pot engine 1400 cc and looks are a bit femine with least power. Cherverlet Beat was too small car with 1000CC engine and was not up to the mark. Fiat Puto's handling & looks are good, the same engine which runs Maruti Swift (Maruti buy diesel engine from Fiat) Fiat's service network is very lean and poor and maintance is also high. We do not know, when will Fiat will windup the operations in India.

The left over models were Hyundai i20, Swift and Ford Figo. i20 came with a face lift, minor changes in head lights and added great features in Sportz model like Rain sensing wipers, rear parking camera, electro chromic mirror(the mirror will dim when there is a car at out back in night drives), ABS, only driver side Airbag, Electric folding mirrors, Great upmarket interiors, but all these come at a price - 8.6L which is too high for a hatch back car. Maintenace cost is hight and bookings for 1 month, So ignored

Suzuki Swift my favourite, thought the engine is from Fiat, they have tuned to get more mileage, 18-19kms in city, 23-24kms in highway, good interiors for Rs.7.33L The facelift was in Aug 2011 and feels fresh. The service network is huge and you find them in all small towns, maintenance is too low. What else Indians want when they get great mileage and low cost of maintenance? Also, to get Swift, we need to wait for 2 months, so much is the bookings. It also has serious Braking issues, which made me to take a step behind. When on bumper to bumper traffic and if you are pressing half clutch and try Braking 2-3 times, the 4th time, the brakes become hard and will not apply. The engine will not pump enough vaccume to brake boosters during half clutch. In that case, you have to press clutch fully to get brakes effective.

Then left over was Ford Figo. Earlier, prior to Figo launch in 2010, Ford was to be a premium car company in India with high priced cars and high maintenance and this led to their decreased sales and hence Figo was introduced with less cost of ownership and less maintenance experience. This was a hit and sold 80K cars in a year and bagged more than 20 awards. Reason: Value for Money, Good Road Behaviour, Handling, Good Space Management, Great Fiesta Engine and low maintenance cost. The high end model costs Rs.7.32L which is same price as Swift's. But what I get over(more than) the Swift is - Driverside and Passengerside Air Bags, ABS-Anti lock Braking System, EBD-Electronic Brake Distribution, Alloy Wheels, Electric Mirrors, Tilt Steering, Nice 4 speaker Audio System with Bluetooth for Phone, Rear Defogger, Rear Wiper, Parking Sensors with length display, Leather Seats, Big Boot(dicky) More Comfort and leg space for rear passengers(looks wide as in a Sedan), A very chill 170CC compressor AC (All other cars come with 120CC compressor AC)

With so much above features, Figo stands out to be more value for money car, though the looks are not as great as Swift's, the interior plastic quality is not as great as Swift's, Mileage is not as great as Swift, Maintenace cost is at par with Swift.

But my RANT is that, Ford is launching face lift Figo during Dassara, Deepavali time and I have seen photos of the test mule running in Chennai, It has new headlight, new tail lamp and new front grill. My car will become one step old model in 3-4 months. Wanted to wait, but our Tugalaq Government is standing on one leg to hike diesel car by 50-80K because we get subsidized diesel.(Govt calls it as subsidized diesel, but real thing is that they charge less tax compared to Petrol) So went ahead to buy now considering these aspects.

Thank you all guys for your valuable feedback and support.:cool:

Top Bottom