Best Diesel Hatch - suggest

PurusH

The LeO
Some one suggest me if I need to go for Swift VDI or Polo TDI ?
Which will be better in terms of ride, handling, mileage and maintenance ?

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Test drive a Ford Figo TDCi titanium. It has got the best handling, equal mileage, better performance in city driving. Best part is you will get the top-of-the-line model for a price less than Swift Vdi. But let me tell you, worst part is that in some cities their service centre will make you cry your eyes out. Not every service centre. In my city it is very good. If that part is solved then you will absolutely love the car.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Also Consider the Skoda Fabia
AND just so you know after Honda releases its first diesel car in India ( The New Civic, mid 2012) expect the Honda Jazz Diesel version early next year! :)

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
^^ +1 for beat ...but if ur budget allows than swift vdi is the best...polo is also good but handling is poor as compared to swift..i currently drive swift vdi ..hv driven polo also but not upto the mark swift gives a turbo boost after u touch rpm of 2300...love that pull

OP
PurusH

PurusH

The LeO
Test drive a Ford Figo TDCi titanium. It has got the best handling, equal mileage, better performance in city driving. Best part is you will get the top-of-the-line model for a price less than Swift Vdi. But let me tell you, worst part is that in some cities their service centre will make you cry your eyes out. Not every service centre. In my city it is very good. If that part is solved then you will absolutely love the car.

I did not consider Figo as the looks are outdated. The car has good value for money with great features, good space, handling etc. Ford service is not issue in Bangalore. But still not made up mind on this. Will go for test drive before test driving Swift and polo. But swift VDI waiting period is 8months in Bangalore:-x

Also test drive new Suzuki Swift VDi and Chevrolet Beat Diesel.

Swift Test drives are ZDi and ZXi's which has ABS, EBD, Brake Assist etc., so does not get to feel the brakes of VDi which has lot of complaints in Automobile forums, now VDi does not have ABS as option. Beat has got very small engine, just 1 liter and has only 3 cylinders. This may not be good for highways as lot of stress would be on engine and we do not get that smoothness.

^^ +1 for beat ...but if ur budget allows than swift vdi is the best...polo is also good but handling is poor as compared to swift..i currently drive swift vdi ..hv driven polo also but not upto the mark swift gives a turbo boost after u touch rpm of 2300...love that pull

yeah, that turbo kick from Old Swift Diesel is amazing, but in new swift, that feeling is very less. Also the brakes in new Swift VDi & LDi is pathetic and it is not like old swift's breaks. ZDi has ABS and the brakes is some what good. Hence looking at booking period and poor brakes in VDi, would love to go for Polo though Polo is too pricey and does not have good VFM:-?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Beat and Swift are fuel efficient car.I like beat more though.Its arguably best looking hatchback in my opinion.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
^^ +1 for beat but only if budget is low else no match for swift ... But accordin to my experience i will say no to polo.its maintence is like hell u pay a minimum of 10000 rs for one service ...but handling is good

Tenida

Gadget Freak
No idea.But all major manufacturer uses same 3/4 cylinder Fiat diesel engine.Its like corsair and seasonic.

JTD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check mainly 1.3l segment.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Beat's engine is very small(3 cylinder) and its not spacious. Seriously cramped at the back seat.
You r not satisfied by the brakes of Swift Vdi and Zdi.
Polo is pricey and not VFM and got a 3 cylinder engine.
You can consider Micra but I don't like its engine.
Now you are left with : i20, Punto, Figo.
Punto is a pleasure to drive and has the same multijet engine of swift but its costly too.
i20 is very costly, especially diesel ones.
Figo suits you best IMHO. Except its looks(I like it though;-)), everything is very good. its engine is more refined than the swift's and more drivable in city and highways without any turbo lag.
You can also try Ritz Vdi if you like(or rather don't hate) its back door design.

Top Bottom