Best Defragmenting Software!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys!

can u please suggest me a good defragmenting software.. No problem even if its not a freeware! :) just want to know the best of the lot!

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
You will need to chose between o&o and perfect disk.
Perfect Disk tried to make free space continuous to reduce fragmentation. It has very good interface. It has very fast defragmentation times.
o&o won award from chip mar 2007. It has certain settings for laptops like not defragmenting when on battery etc. I have yet to test this on desktop.

I checked auslogics site and it doesnt seem to have features which the above two have.

lowercase

Right off the assembly line
Diskeeper 2007 for me, I have tried the other commercial defraggers and settled for this one. It has a really cool UI, intelligent on the fly defrag, that doesnt eat into system resources and you dont really feel its running in the background and can perform all other operations efficiently. Prior to this i used their Lite version which is also pretty good.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Power Defragmenter -1.Advanced power mode disk defragmentation
2.Supports multiple instancing
3.Support For Folder defragmentation
4.Support for file Defragmentation(Defrag only the areas u
want.)

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I started testing o&o version. Defragmentation takes long time but it can defragment different physical drives simultaneously. It even the user control to stack the file by last access time, modification time etc. So one can play a long session of a game and defragment by access time and get very good fps in that game from next time onwards.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I just installed Auslogic after reading about it here. It's pretty good for a free software. Very fast. But doesn't defrag completely. After running thru defrag once, it still showed me some files were fragmented and I had to run it once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom