Best cpu/gpu combo

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then why are you spending that much on the CPU? Get a Pentium G645 @ 3.4K which will serve all your purpose for the next 6 Months. Somebody posted in the forum that G645 is around 2.9K+Tax in Nehru place.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
So I put the crossfire config in a psu calculator, and hot a rating of 350w. Do you think the cx430v2 will be able to handle two cards for 2-3 months?

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
So I'm building a mobile gaming rig to take to college... And I've decided on all the components but the cpu+gpu

here are my choices...

1.G630(can't find 680, plan to get a i5 in a year)+icq 6870

2. I3 2120+hd 7770 sapphire

which is better?
How much bottleneck with the g630 am I looking at, if any?

Only things I'll be running with the games is steam, utorrent (tv shows) and antivirus.

P.S. My monitor is 1366x768

very bad combination ..what's your exact budget?
why upgrade to i5 in future? wbu haswell?
actually with g630/645 you're better off with a hd7750 and at you resolution it'll easily handle everything you're gonna throw at it...?

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, CX 430 V2 can't handle HD 7850 CF. Also after 6 Months..../that's along time. That time next generation Intel Hashwell Processors will be available and upgrading to a older platform will not make any sense then.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Then why are you spending that much on the CPU?

I'm accounting for any possible financial problems that might come up, keeping me form getting the i5/i7

No, CX 430 V2 can't handle HD 7850 CF. Also after 6 Months..../that's along time. That time next generation Intel Hashwell Processors will be available and upgrading to a older platform will not make any sense then.

Ok, then I'll go for them when they come out. I'll have to change the mobo anyway.

Also, the prices of ivy will come down after hashwell is in the market. And I think by the time I need to upgrade from an I7, the 1150 will go extinct aswell. (people are still running first get i7s)

Also, intel seems to focus on gpu performance over cpu. If the benchmarks show the same 10% boost over ivy that intel promised, I think I'll go for an discounted/used i7 3770k over an hashwell i5

Cilus

laborare est orare
You need to ask the questions to the company, currently developing the PC games.

however, HD 7850CF is almost as powerful as HD 6990 Dual GPU card. So it can serve you around 3 years for playing the titles with high settings, depending upon the games. You can always tweak the game settings to make it playable with good visual quality with HD 7850 CF setting.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Let of rephrase that.
How long do I have till this setup (7850 CF + I5/I7) becomes equivalant to today's core2duo + GT 9500 in terms of gaming?

Also, will it be better to go for 2 gb cards over 1 gb cards for CF?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
That config can work for 2-3 years atleast. 7850 OCs well.
But your gaming quality will degrade gradually.

2gb is better.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
What's the deal with these?
1.G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-1600C11S-4GNT) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com
2.G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

One is 1177 while the other is 1600?
Is the first one high density or something?
Should I buy it?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't buy any of them. They are not from RipjawX series. Get this one instead: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Is really min 8GB RAM required for the above the config ?
Or 4GB will do job even with 64bit Windows 7 OS ?
Total amount of Memory or Clock speed or better brand is more importance in tight budget situation ?
Intel G645+MSI H61+7850 2GB
Sorry,may be off topic.

emily66012

Right off the assembly line
Yes because the 3GHz quad is not going to bottleneck the CF 4850 setup + it can be clocked even higher than the 3GHz. There is to much difference in GPU power for the CPU to make it up.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get good core components for now ...like a good Motherboard and a CPU and then get a good GPU.GPU is a part that is generally upgraded rather than a Motherboard and CPU! If you dont get dual GPU now chances are high that you wont get another one later.

Top Bottom