Best cpu/gpu combo

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, VS450 is a cheap PSU released only for Asian market and main usage is for Office use. It also does not certify 80% efficiency. On the other hand, CX 430 V2 is a very good PSu with superb build quality, 80+ certification and high output to the 12V rail, required for the components like GPU. It can even handle a HD 7850 with ease.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Ok, here's my config

msi h61 p20 (g3) @ 2.6k

i3 2120 @6.8k

8gb low profile @2.5k

Cx 430v2 @2.5k

Dvd drive @1k

My total budget is 28k (max, not a penny more)
can I somehow squeeze hd 7850 in here? If not, which card will be the best?

Also, I need the drive only for os install, so if anyone can suggest a bypass, I'll be very grateful.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
borrow the dvd drive from a friend, save 1k.

excluding dvd drive net cost comes to 14.4k so you have 13.6k remaining. 7850 will be available at that cost.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Getting a good branded RAM is more important. Get Corsair Value Select 4 GB x 2 . The cost would be around 2.7K. Just 200 bucks more .

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
borrow the dvd drive from a friend.

well most of my friends have laptops, or old IDE drive. After a bit of googling, I found this...
Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer - Windows 7 Forums
does it work?

Also, how long does MD computers take to bring in stuff marked "pre-order"?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
this should help: 1. Microsoft Store Online

2. Installing Windows 7 From USB Drive 3 Steps Easy Process

but make sure your motherboard is capable of booting off a USB stick or this will not work

Myth

Cyborg Agent

but make sure your motherboard is capable of booting off a USB stick or this will not work

The best way, if the mobo suppports booting from usb. I felt the installation was faster and very smooth. Keep a bootable usb with OS loaded always on standby. OPD's are quite unreliable :razz:

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman

Yes, I have one drive with win 7, but I read that H61 UFEI boards do not allow to boot from usb.
Any idea if any of these have usb booting enabled?
1.MSI h6a p20 g3
ASUS p8 h61m lx

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Ok, found a used drive for 300/-

I need someone who has experience shopping from md computers. If I go to their shop and ask for a product which is listed as preorder, how long will it take them to bring it?

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
I was wondering.... why the delay? Do they bring stuff from overseas or something? How long do you figure they'll take to bring in the msi card @ 13200?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Call them and ask, their number is given in their web site, why asking what we think? We can't spoon feed you all the time. Does it matter what we think about their timing to deliver Pre-Order products.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
You have to think what preorder means. The dates are usually uncertain or not for public knowledge.
You can ask these things directly at the shop.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, there is a very high chance that i3 2120 will bottleneck the HD 7850 Crossfire. Come on, it is just a Dual Core Processor with HT enabled. I think, you should spend a little extra now and get a i5 3470 @ 11.4K or a i5 2300 @ 10.7K (LINK). Kolkata prices might be cheaper.

Top Bottom