Best config under 35-40k for i5 2500k

ikarthick5

Right off the assembly line
hi Geeks,
i'm plannin to upgrade my pc & i've already chosen the processor as i5 2500k
Now, i need following items for the best config... i'll be using this pc for gaming, playin movies, downloading and running some software like autocad, 3d max, revit and all. My budget is 35-40k
1)A good motherboard(should have usb 3.0. i won't be going for OC at d moment. but might do it some time later. Plz suggest from ASUS or GIGABYTE)
2)PSU
3)RAM(plz suggest 4GB or grtr)
4)Do i require a dedicated cpu cooler if yes which one?
5)GPU.
6) DVD writer
7) A good cabinet.

Will be buying within a week. So, i'll highly appreciate some quick replies. TIA :meditate:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68V -- 12.5k
PSU: Corsair GS-600 -- 3.8k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 -- 1.8k
GPU: MSi HD6850 Cyclone Edition -- 9.3k
Case: NZXT GAMMA --2k or CM Elite 430 -- 2.5k
I think it might just overshoot your budget. So, 1st of all fill up the ques. Template.

OP
I

ikarthick5

Welcome to TDF.

Fill this template up. Click Here

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Gaming,movies,downloading,for running softwares viz. autocad, 3dmax, revit, eclipse and all etc.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Except for the processor yes. i've done some surfing and found i5 2500k as the most suitable for my present and future requirements.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:40k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:not now. but might do it in future.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7 professional.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1.5TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:1920x1080

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:asap

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yup

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: HDD, monitor

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Pune. Would prefer Pune only.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: This should be the best config as i won't be upgrading this one for at least a few years. :reading:

d3p

PowerHouse
Your budget is pretty low for OC, Gaming etc etc with 2500k.

Add an after market cooler later, when planning to OC.

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10500
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55(B3)|8700
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
GPU |MSI HD6850 Cyclone|9300
DVD Writer |ASUS 22X SATA DVD Writer|1000
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT Gamma|2000
Mouse |Gigabyte GM-M6800 Noble Black|700
Keyboard |Logitech KB200|400
UPS |Intex 1KVA|2000
| Total |40200

If you can add another 2-4k then think about a good GPU like HD6870 [11k] or 560ti[13.5k].

BTW if you are comfortable with AMD, then a better config can be build with AMD Phenom II. Do let me know.

OP
I

ikarthick5

Your budget is pretty low for OC, Gaming etc etc with 2500k.

Add an after market cooler later, when planning to OC.

GPU |MSI HD6850 Cyclone|9300
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT Gamma|2000
Mouse |Gigabyte GM-M6800 Noble Black|700
Keyboard |Logitech KB200|400
UPS |Intex 1KVA|2000
| Total |40200

If you can add another 2-4k then think about a good GPU like HD6870 [11k] or 560ti[13.5k].

BTW if you are comfortable with AMD, then a better config can be build with AMD Phenom II. Do let me know.

Hi d3p5kor, thnks a lot for the config.
If i don't want to OC can u suggest me an alternative for MSI Z68A-GD55(B3).(any specific reason for MSI i mean why not ASUS or GiGABYTE).

You can skip UPS,mouse,keyboard... as i already have it.

Also, suggest the config(no OC) for AMD also. TIA
:goodjob:

d3p

PowerHouse
Hi d3p5kor, thnks a lot for the config.
If i don't want to OC can u suggest me an alternative for MSI Z68A-GD55(B3).(any specific reason for MSI i mean why not ASUS or GiGABYTE).

As the Mobo suggested is a Complete VFM board & you won't get such a board with such Price tag from Gigabyte & asus.

You can skip UPS,mouse,keyboard... as i already have it.

As you have not mentioned it in the template, i have included them. But i will remove it now.

Also, suggest the config(no OC) for AMD also. TIA
:goodjob:

For AMD, you will have to settle with 955BE or 840 for time being & get a Bulldozer Processor later when they release.

AMD Config..

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 840|4800
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5|12700 [Giving an option for switching to BD when they release]
GPU |MSI R6870 HAWK|11400
PSU |Corsair TX650 v2|5500
Case |NZXT Gamma|2000
| Total |39000

Personally i feel stick to Sandybridge & your Ultimate goal should be OC'ling them with Good Cooler & hit the sweet spot of your Gaming....

Ok Here Goes Final revised config then.

GPU |MSI R6870 HAWK|11400
PSU |Corsair TX650 v2|5500
Case |NZXT Gamma|2000
| Total |40700

Last edited:
OP
I

ikarthick5

hi d3p5kor,
thnks a ton for the config.
will surely go with the i5 one.
One more thing.. for Oc if i buy a cpu cooler like Cooler Master Hyper N620,
CM Hyper 212+... will it fit in NZXT Gamma w/o affecting the RAM chips.
Also, can you please aswer the foll. queries also....

1) if these components are not available with the local dealer in pune.. should i go ahead and
order it online? if yes what are best sites to do so...
coz i made a few phone calls to enquire about msi board and gpu in a few shops.. one of them said that he'll get back and the other one said that we don't keep msi parts but only asus and gigabyte.

2) Also i have disassembled and assembled my old desktop for cleaning purpose. but only twice.. so, would you recommend me to assemble the new system one my own.. or shld i get it assembled from a local shop? if yes,any idea how much they'd charge...

saswat23

Human Spambot
Trusted Online sites are:
SMC international
www.deltapage.com
Prime ABGB Today's Cool Deal !
BTW what components will you be ordering online??
Though its very intresting to assemble ones own rig, but as u have assembled ur PC only once, then you might end up messing with some wrong PSU connections. Google for some PC assembling videos. Watch plenty of them to clear all ur doubts.

Go here, may be you could get some help:
Hardware Installations - Support - Hardware Installations

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
hi d3p5kor,
thnks a ton for the config.
will surely go with the i5 one.
One more thing.. for Oc if i buy a cpu cooler like Cooler Master Hyper N620,
CM Hyper 212+... will it fit in NZXT Gamma w/o affecting the RAM chips.
Also, can you please aswer the foll. queries also....

Don't worry, we have taken maximum care to avoid such situation. go ahead your Gamma can handle Noctua NH-D14 also.

Anyway i will recommend you to get either Hyper N620 or TRUE 120. Both are highly recommended.

1) if these components are not available with the local dealer in pune.. should i go ahead and
order it online? if yes what are best sites to do so...
coz i made a few phone calls to enquire about msi board and gpu in a few shops.. one of them said that he'll get back and the other one said that we don't keep msi parts but only asus and gigabyte.

Ok most of the components & their prices listed here are taken from SMC-International[Delhi based shop], Primeabgb[Mumbai] & M.D Computer[kolkata]. I will give you the links of the sites, so it will be easier for you to order them straight away.

1). MD Computers
2).Primeabgb
3).SMC International

2) Also i have disassembled and assembled my old desktop for cleaning purpose. but only twice.. so, would you recommend me to assemble the new system one my own.. or shld i get it assembled from a local shop? if yes,any idea how much they'd charge...

I would love if someone does assembly his own PC by his Own, just by referring the manuals. If you are not confident enough then check with any local assembler.

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, after getting all components try connecting them. If you are not so confident then call for an assembler. Watch him carefully and clear all about your mobo's connection from him. Its done now. You can now assemble your own rig anyday.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
I dont Think The MSI Z68A GD55 B3 IS available for 8700...I recently brought a i5 2500k with MSI Z68GD65 B3 Which Cost me 11260 for GD65 and at first I was to buy GD55 but It had a price tag of 10000 in the market(Confirmed from more than 5 people ) (All Inclusive taxes) on *www.mdcomputers.in/msi.html It is for 9800 + 5% tax.

d3p

PowerHouse
Hmm, then the PC Buying Guide section need to be verified.

Click here- Refer 70k Rig

Top Bottom