Best backup strategy and application

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all,

Need some expert advice/suggestions here..Unfortunately search doesnt work in TGF so pardon me if this has been asked many a times.

Here is my scenario..I have 5 laptops and around20 desktops in my office. As of now, all the desktop users are saving their files in our server. Laptop users save it in their desktops/my docs.

Now, How do I manage the backup? Desktop users drive in the server is backed up using NT Backup in Win2k3 server, but my real question is for the laptoppers. Cos, once they leave the org, the same laptop will be given to his replacement employee, manual copying of all the files is not a wise answer. Also tried vista's inbuilt backup and it takes it as a image or something..and If i want to refer the prev employers file, i have to restore it, which is not possible since the laptop is already been used by another person. So, suggest me the best and workable solution for the scenario depicted above.

Is there any software which does the job or any tricks..watever, keep it flowing.

T i A

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ahhh!!! finally someone to help me..interesting link..d/l now..wil check and revert back.Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom