Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avast pro or home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zerohourkill

Broken In
hmmm i've used AVG and Avast (im curently using avast), they are both rele good, and FREE! i havent had avirus for about half yr now i think...AVG is good for slower computers (i used it on my old laptop), otherwise they are both good, but i after using avast for some time i realised its kinda one step above AVG...watever antivirus u pick, dunt forget about anti-spyware programs like spyware blaster or adware, becuase spyware is as damaging as virus...

Vyasram

The pWnster
i'm gonna shift to a paid IS suite, i am stuck btwn bitdefender 9.5 and kaspersky 6. which's better

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm well kasperky's new version (6.0) is absolutely amazing.. You wont even notice it. Bitdefender on the other hand is a lil heavy. Also another problem with bitdefender is that the program restarts after every update, which means disk and CPU activity. You wont like that in the middle of a game :p And kaspersky's detection rates are un-paralelled!

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
But the final release from Kaspersky is superb and the best till date.
It hardly takes around 7-10MB of system resources and the features are amazing!

CyCo

In the zone
KASPERSKY ROCKS !!!!

NORTON is good , but is slows down the PC a lotttt ..

Only thing kaspersky lacks is a ad soft , for which i use adaware ..

but i think there is a whole suite of stuff in the ne kaspersky 6.0 , so check it out .

h_kunte

Journeyman
I have been using KAV 5.0 for the last 1 year & installed KAV 6 last month...It is the best contemporary AV available...And the best too....Low on resources...Fast detection....And the best feature that I like is the size of update files...Its not very high(around 300-400KB) although we hav to update very often(every 3 days)

The next AV package which comes close to KAV in terms of performance is F-Secure...Another superb performer...

With these 2 AV packs not listed in the options list, it is incomplete & its of no use to vote for lesser performing AVs...

HK

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ KAV updates hourly.. And update size is close to 60-70 KB.. And F-Secure uses the kaspersky engine, and its own engine, and AdAware's Engine..

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well there are so many threads about Antivirus Programs. Please continue in one of those. Please have a look at the stick of the Freuquently discussed topics if you havent yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom