Best Android Keyboard

Choose best keyboard you use

• Total voters

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ok guys :)

read this article thoroughly and post feedback.

Guide: In-Depth Look at the Best Android Keyboards - XDA Forums

which keyboard will you install and use in your Android OS.

$hadow

Geek in making
I am using swiftkey since the day I got my first smartphone. It is awesome with it's themes and prediction and of-late they have made it even faster.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Getting more people to comment... :)
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION], [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Back when I first saw typing using swipe I got very fond of it. After using Swype for many months, I eventually bought the paid version of Swype. And when I was on my LG P500 it felt awesome to type so fast. But ever since Google keyboard started to feature swiping feature by default, I happen to ignored Swype to type. My age old phone didn't have much space for an additional keyboard.

But now that I have upgraded to Moto X, I have switched back to Swype. Some of the features I like about Swype is:
1. Hinglish Dictionary: So now I can type even Hindi words with the same efficiency as regular English words.
2. Cloud Sync: Any words like names and login ID's I save in the personal dictionary. And the Cloud sync retains the words even if you are re-installing the keyboard. When I happen to install Swype after many months on my Moto X, I have very happy that all those words I saved haven't been lost.
3. Accuracy: I am pleasantly surprised by how accurate Swype feels while typing. It even corrects completely missed letters. So suppose I want to write, "I am a boy", but I tapped 's' instead of 'a', it automatically corrects it to 'a' since Swype seems intelligent enough that it knows, 's' can't exist as a sole word. Nice.
4. Arrow Keys: This is probably the best thing I like about Swype. It comes with a arrow keys layout that makes it easy to edit particular text with greater accuracy then using fingers. It also have buttons to Cut, Copy, Paste and so it's really fast editing in that mode. Screenshot in spoiler:

*i.minus.com/iGFzxpXX8q7UE.jpg

Apart from the above features:
- Voice dictation is good but sometimes it's still hit or miss.
- Erasing previous words is fast and snappy
- Lots of themes from dark to light
- Features such as Quick search right from the text box is nice touch

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Back when I first saw typing using swipe I got very fond of it. After using Swype for many months, I eventually bought the paid version of Swype. And when I was on my LG P500 it felt awesome to type so fast. But ever since Google keyboard started to feature swiping feature by default, I happen to ignored Swype to type. My age old phone didn't have much space for an additional keyboard.

But now that I have upgraded to Moto X, I have switched back to Swype. Some of the features I like about Swype is:
1. Hinglish Dictionary: So now I can type even Hindi words with the same efficiency as regular English words.
2. Cloud Sync: Any words like names and login ID's I save in the personal dictionary. And the Cloud sync retains the words even if you are re-installing the keyboard. When I happen to install Swype after many months on my Moto X, I have very happy that all those words I saved haven't been lost.
3. Accuracy: I am pleasantly surprised by how accurate Swype feels while typing. It even corrects completely missed letters. So suppose I want to write, "I am a boy", but I tapped 's' instead of 'a', it automatically corrects it to 'a' since Swype seems intelligent enough that it knows, 's' can't exist as a sole word. Nice.
4. Arrow Keys: This is probably the best thing I like about Swype. It comes with a arrow keys layout that makes it easy to edit particular text with greater accuracy then using fingers. It also have buttons to Cut, Copy, Paste and so it's really fast editing in that mode. Screenshot in spoiler:

*i.minus.com/iGFzxpXX8q7UE.jpg

Apart from the above features:
- Voice dictation is good but sometimes it's still hit or miss.
- Erasing previous words is fast and snappy
- Lots of themes from dark to light
- Features such as Quick search right from the text box is nice touch
SwiftKey does that all in a better way. Lol.

amjath

Human Spambot
I was also a big fan of swype and I find Google's keyboard is better and even though I used swiftkey.

I like the PC layout in new google keyboard, does swiftkey has it
PS: I dont do much chatting over the phone, so keyboard doesn't matter to me

- - - Updated - - -

Getting more people to comment... :)
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION], [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]

Thanks for the link bro

$hadow

Geek in making
I was also a big fan of swype and I find Google's keyboard is better and even though I used swiftkey.

I like the PC layout in new google keyboard, does swiftkey has it
PS: I dont do much chatting over the phone, so keyboard doesn't matter to me

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link bro

swiftkey has multiple material design themes

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
SwiftKey does that all in a better way. Lol.

I am afraid, that's just not enough.
You will have to justify 'how' does it do 'all in a better way'. Else it's just putting up fanboyism as an excuse.

It maybe possible that SwiftKey is on par with everything that I have mentioned as a feature of Swype. But then it's just a draw. In which case it's just a personal preference. I came to know about Swype before SwiftKey and absolutely fell in love with. If you think SwiftKey is 'better' than Swype you will need to back up your claim by providing, 'how?'.

A bit offtopic:
Also, SwiftKey seems to be more popular among masses than Swype with more than double ratings. But I have a problem with 'big' corporations dominating. So I will always support the 2nd best companies with an interest that it won't try to dominate the market with it's wide spread presence. And I am not just talking about keyboards here, but more than that. Look at how Whatsapp is still struggling to provide even a basic web version. Telegram which is 2nd most popular have multi platform client since long time.

I can give more examples but I think you got the point.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
A bit offtopic:
Also, SwiftKey seems to be more popular among masses than Swype with more than double ratings. But I have a problem with 'big' corporations dominating. So I will always support the 2nd best companies with an interest that it won't try to dominate the market with it's wide spread presence. And I am not just talking about keyboards here, but more than that. Look at how Whatsapp is still struggling to provide even a basic web version. Telegram which is 2nd most popular have multi platform client since long time.

I can give more examples but I think you got the point.

do you use google ;) or bing for searching :p

vikas tanwar

Broken In
Here is list of best keyword

1. Ginger keyboard

2. Flesky + GIF keyboard

3. Hitap Indic keyboard

4. Go Keyboard

5. Swift Keyboard

Of all these, if you want to use English keyboard, Ginger keyboard is the best.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I used Swype long time back, in 2014. It had amazing swype accuracy, which maybe Swiftkey has not, even till date. Apart from that, it's a bit costly otherwise I'd bought it. Google Keyboard has a very very long way to go to compete them.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Was a long time swype user, but once I shifted to Nexus devices, it's been Google Keyboard all the way. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of say Swype or Swift Key but it's "good enough" for my usage. Since, the last update, it does look polished.

vikas tanwar

Broken In
I am a hardcore smartphone user and I try several apps on daily basis.For me your default keyboard is fine. After that SwiftKeyboard gives the best and most additional components like save your records, gestures,many options to format ,some good free themes and stats as well

Top Bottom