Best 50k lappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

varuog

Journeyman
Hii friends ...

I am back here after a long time ... Had to make a new id as I've lost my previous account.

Anyways, coming back to the topic, I am once again in dire need of your help. (I was advised to buy n82 in my previous query and I am glad I went with your advice).

Now, I need to buy a laptop - my first ever ! My budget is around 50k.
I am not very sure about the configuration. I'd just like to have the best in my budget.
I prefer to buy Dell or HP.
Since I am a student, I'll be needing the lappy for various purposes - includes programming, movies, little bit of gaming etc ...

Can you please advice me a suitable choice?
Thanks in advance !!!

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
can you pls tell me the price of dell stdio 15?

secondly, i was just browsing and found dell studio xps series quite impressive! what do you all think about them? can anyone pls confirm me its price (in india)?

rajhot

S60 rocks
can you pls tell me the price of dell stdio 15?

secondly, i was just browsing and found dell studio xps series quite impressive! what do you all think about them? can anyone pls confirm me its price (in india)?

You can configure Lappy in dell site according to ur requirements...finally it'll give u thr price also.

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
There's even one Studio XPS 13 - and it's priced around 54k (I am not sure, though).
What about it?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
STudio 15 is good laptop , even i suggested for many of them past one week in my place 3 of them got same problem , not with performance issues but - DVD DRIVE thats the only problem .
MANY TIMES ITS NOT WORKING !! gr8 !! look forward for that one , clear ur clarification with the dealer about the warranties & get .

Check for the ASUS laptops with same config as DELL studio 15 it comes with the 9700MGT GPU costs 57K . i asked today only !!

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
Guys can you tell me the diff between windows 32 bit and 64 bit and also between ddr2 and ddr3 RAM ?

Which one is better in each?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
32-bit OS can access a max of 3.25Gb of RAM. 64-bit can access 16 exabytes of RAM.

DDR3 advantages over DDR2:

1) Higher bandwidth
2) Higher frequency
3) lower operating voltage

DDR2 advantages over DDR3:

1) Lot lot cheaper
2) lower latencies
3) cheaper compatible motherboards

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Get this instead:

Dell Studio something

Costs 43k, if u make ram 3GB from 4GB, it will cost lesser. GPU to HD3670 and procc to C2D P8400 online customization will take to price to near 50k(lesser).

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
even i am thinking to buy dell studio 15.

just 1 last query .... what one should i prefer - windows 32 bit or 64 bit ????

acewin

Point Blanc
u wont get XP but Vista, on Dell site u will need 100 bucks extra for 64-bit OS, but sadly soon Vista will become totally obsolete. 64-bit OS supports 32-bit apps, so you can go for 64-bit Vista Home Premium without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom