best 5.1 channel speakers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
A dedicated soundcard will definitely give you better performance. However, onboard audio isn't all that bad these days so you could very well go on listening to them speakers on Intel HD audio or something like that.

Indian price currently is around 15k I think. Why its double in India? Well…

As for a new product, I too am amazed that there is still no competition for the Z5500. Not even Logitech has brought out something new. Still, I have not one day regretted getting these amazing speakers. Movie watching experience is freakin awesome. Now that you mention it, let me go plug in my iPhone to listen to some Coldplay on it :)

shashank4u

Youngling
Thanks Goobimama

what i need next is the exact pricing details from Nehru Place, if anyone has purchased from delhi nehru place plz let me the shop and price. I will be having them soon :)

dreams

Gracias Senor
Let me share my experiences too here..my long lasting dream is to purchase a 5.1 speaker..this dream has come true now..i hv bought a Altec Lansing VS3251 for 4000 from Reliance digital, Ambience Mall, Delhi.

I use my HCL Laptop and my computer with this speaker..both doesn't have 5.1 output.

But the Altec has a feature of surround/stereo for 2 speaker setup..Once I enable it..AWESOME!!!!

The sound effect from this setup is truly amazing..it gives me surround with all effects..I have watched some good movies and heard some good songs too..the bass is gud..also the clarity is awesome..I dunno abt those costly z5500 or z5300..but evry1 shuld hear all the brands and then decide..not every1 hears the sound with full bass or full treble..so deciding on a speaker maybe 2.1 or 5.1 is your judgement..hear for yourself and then buy.

Even in my buying I first heard Logitech 5.1..dunno the model number..but it lacked bass..then i heard altec..amazing bass.

so guys hear for yourself and then buy it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Before this I had the Creative 4400. I then tested quite a few different systems but none of them seemed anything great. The logitech you are talking about might be the x540 which is their low end 5.1 setup.

Nikhilcgnr

Broken In
is there any quality difference when using midrange sound cards spdif out than using an xfi series cards spdif out i

dreams

Gracias Senor
hello guys..I am planning to upgrade my sound card in my desktop with creative sound blaster x-fi surround 5.1 USB.

How much is the cost of this in Delhi and where I can purchase this. Is there any shops in dwarka where I can get these kind of stuffs.

Also how is the sound card I have mentioned. Will I get the maximum when my 5.1 altec lansing is connected to this creative sound card??? Is the USB or PCI version good??

Any pros and cons for this sound card???

Please help..

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
sound card...a usb one ..is epic fail....in lappy...nothing else..or the pcmcia cards..even that....

so look only for PCI

shashank4u

Youngling
Ok guys I made some phone calls, the final price is Rs 18,000-19000 in nehru place and its around 17,900 at ezones in delhi(old stock)..they say it can be low with the new stock.

so guys should i wait for the ezone's new stock which they say will be available in 5-7 days or do you know any place in delhi where i can get z5500 at or around Rs 15K which is its actual price in india.

Regards

dreams

Gracias Senor
sound card...a usb one ..is epic fail....in lappy...nothing else..or the pcmcia cards..even that....

so look only for PCI
USB creative is a failure..hmmm...I thought of going for this since it can be used for both my desktop and laptop. The laptop is not for personal use and it is given by my office..so i have to buy any product keeping my desktop in mind.

If PCI is good, can u suggest the best sound card for my altec 5.1??

One more doubt:
I saw the creative usb device and it has 4 outlets at the rear namely, left, right, center and sw.

But in my Altec 5.1 there are only 3 outlets namely, front l/r, rear l/r, sw center.

How should I go ahead with the connection???

Is there any specific sound card designed for altec 5.1??

Pls help me out!!!

avi_avadhut

Broken In
First of all - very nice thread...
i have purchased z5500 and i am using it on Asus P5B delux-wifi mobo's onboard HD audio with SPDIF out. i purchased digital coaxial cable and connected to speakers.
well i see No digital data in control panel of logitec... which is mentioned here but no answer to that. may be decoding is done @ logitec end. but i am not getting 5.1 audio.
it works only as Stereo.

Guys who listened z5500 with crap logitec cables.... plz buy good quality optical/coaxial cable and you would feel the difference... i had MX 5021 and now i have z5500. and logi's were loud but weren't deep like MX but with this combination now i have good deep bass.
sound quality is improved a lot...... plz try that....
one stupid question - where to get 1.5Mbps tracks to enjoy movies ????

i tried following for multichannel audio but no use.... plz help...
*www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712022&page=2

*staraphd.blogspot.com/2007/10/get-51-or-71-multichannel-audio-from.html

dreams

Gracias Senor
USB creative is a failure..hmmm...I thought of going for this since it can be used for both my desktop and laptop. The laptop is not for personal use and it is given by my office..so i have to buy any product keeping my desktop in mind.

If PCI is good, can u suggest the best sound card for my altec 5.1??

One more doubt:
I saw the creative usb device and it has 4 outlets at the rear namely, left, right, center and sw.

But in my Altec 5.1 there are only 3 outlets namely, front l/r, rear l/r, sw center.

How should I go ahead with the connection???

Is there any specific sound card designed for altec 5.1??

Pls help me out!!!
Pls help me out..time has come to purchase my first sound card..need ur expertise suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom