Best 40-42 inch 3d led TV

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
It's not active or passive it's about the best PQ and it's not that I hate lg or I am a fanboy of a particular product. I just want the best tv with good PQ, just like last year Sony HX850. Right now I am confused in between these 2 models.
if PQ matters then don't waste in 3D (so I guess u won't keep a 3D idle and watch more of 2D)
and between Samsung 46F7500 and Sony 46W950
buy Sony 46W950

OP
Z

ziaul

Broken In
Once again thanks Zangetsu. Let's say if I watch an occasional 3d movie or content then which tv would you prefer? Thanks in advance.

Ziaul

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Once again thanks Zangetsu. Let's say if I watch an occasional 3d movie or content then which tv would you prefer? Thanks in advance.
Ziaul
I prefer LG over here If i'll have to choose for 3D (no other 3D TV comes close to it) and occasional 2D.
but there are many factors to decide as my parents love watching 3D so I prefer 3D over just a 2D picture quality.
then they have IPS panels for excellent viewing angles & also superb sound quality and Cinema 3D design

if u Google about LG 3D series u will get good idea about how good they are in passive 3D + some reviewers also found the apps bundled in LG smart TV better than SONY

LG LA6910 is the latest 2013 model from previous LM series model..u can check its review on igyaan.in

but if u just want PQ than Sony is want u shud get even I think Panasonic is gr8 here

OP
Z

ziaul

Broken In
Hi Zangetsu,
I completely agree with you regarding LG's use of passive tech and I too believe that if it is for 3d viewing passive 3d is much better compared to active. But I am not going to use it for 3d that much, so I think Sony would be a much better choice. Sorry forgot to mention some ocassional gaming too on my ps3 but in 2d not 3d. Once again thanks Zangetsu for your input.

Thanks,
Ziaul

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
whatever the 3D, the initial craze would fizzle out sooner or later.
anyway, you have some tough decision-making ahead, considering the models you have chosen. now let your eyes guide you. take a few HD movies in 1 pen-drive, and their copies in another pen-drive, alongwith you, to the showrooms, and compare the 2 models side-by-side playing the same movies, at the same frames, at the default settings of the TVs (very important!!), with the lights near the TV switched off (request the salesman to do it).
Also, if sony isn't providing you with extended warranty at additional cost, then samsung gets a clear advantage over it!
moreover, if you can wait till this weekend, then i will try to get info on where to source the F8000 in Kolkata and let you know.

BombayBoy

Journeyman
Only buy a 3D TV if you'll be viewing media in 3D.

Else, it'll just be a feature you never use like me. We got a Sony and its amazing. For the cost difference, buy one with a bigger/better screen.

If you do buy Active 3D, consider the cost of the glasses.

Like the others have said, carry your own media (rips or even a DVD). Don't be swayed by the demo playing :p

Best luck!

OP
Z

ziaul

Broken In
Thank you BombayBoy and Manaas for your suggestions I am going for the Sony 46W950A, I have made up my mind. As for the glasses I am getting 4 glasses with this model and yes they are offering extended warranty for additional 2 years. Once again thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Thanks,
Ziaul

OP
Z

ziaul

Broken In
Hi,
128k with 4 glasses and a Slim PS3, I hope I have made the right choice. :)

Anyway thank you guys for your support and valuable suggestion. I will be coming back with few more questions regarding the color setup, as my TV is not being delivered now. I have asked them to deliver the tv on the 1st of Nov, as I am in the process of shifting to my new house and would like to setup the new tv there.

If anyone has any suggestion regarding the color please feel free to share.

Thanks,
Ziaul

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
congrats! and you are welcome! you have made an excellent-choice, considering sony providing the 'soney par suhaagaa' extended warranty! now next step would be to share the pics when you get the TV delivered to your home, and take away our good wishes! :)

OP
Z

ziaul

Broken In
Hi Maanas,
Is the warranty free or any other promotion is running? As far as I know it will cost me Rs.7500 for the additional 2years.

Thanks,
Ziaul

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hello! as far as i can tell, it won't be free. the amount is a bit close to that of samsung, or a bit more. your first preference to avail the extended warranty should be from sony, and if can not due to some reason, then get cover from reliance, if available.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
another thing - please don't fall for the extended warranty from the dealer's side, BUT from sony exclusively!

also, ensure that you don't get a demo piece!

OP
Z

ziaul

Broken In
Thanks Maanas for the tips. I have already told the dealer I don't want a display unit and I know how to extend Sony's warranty as I had done it last year for my Sony 40HX850.

Thanks,
Ziaul

Top Bottom