Best 120/128 Gb SSD

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
As the title says I was looking for a good SSD to add to my rig to increase the performance a little and because of money restrictions I think 120/128e GB should be enough to install the OS and the applications. Plan on keeping all the data and games on my HDD.

Had zeroed in on Samsung EVO 840 120 GB SSD but just want to know any other recommendations as I have no idea regarding SSD's.
Also I saw the above mentioned SSD on primeabgb for 5133. Is that the right price or should i try once in the market as well?

Thanks in advance guys. :).

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
As the title says I was looking for a good SSD to add to my rig to increase the performance a little and because of money restrictions I think 120/128e GB should be enough to install the OS and the applications. Plan on keeping all the data and games on my HDD.

Had zeroed in on Samsung EVO 840 120 GB SSD but just want to know any other recommendations as I have no idea regarding SSD's.
Also I saw the above mentioned SSD on primeabgb for 5133. Is that the right price or should i try once in the market as well?

Thanks in advance guys. :).

Samsung Evo has a little lower endurance due to TLC cells but if you plan to use the drive just as a boot drive then you need not worry.
Go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

840 pro is better because it has MLC cells which has higher endurance.

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
I am gonna just use it as a boot drive. So i think i will go with the 840 evo. Maybe if the price drops will buy a better one later. :p..
Is the price on primeabgb right or should i try once in Nehru place?

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Gonna just call up smc and ask their quote once tomorrow and then book online. Btw a bit unrelated but any tips for a first time ssd user?
I know i should enable trim and never defrag the drive and also going to install a fresh OS and applications on that drive. Anything else i should know?

Never clean the drive with ccleaner or such drive cleaners as SSD tend to save a task for deletion.
Say if you if deleted a file or folder and you are still browsing your file in that case the SSD queses the task of deletion for the nest time when the system is ideal so as to save processing time and increasing speed it means that files aren't actually deleted straight away so its good to never try to clean the drive which may lead to disrupted behavior.

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Never clean the drive with ccleaner or such drive cleaners as SSD tend to save a task for deletion.
Say if you if deleted a file or folder and you are still browsing your file in that case the SSD queses the task of deletion for the nest time when the system is ideal so as to save processing time and increasing speed it means that files aren't actually deleted straight away so its good to never try to clean the drive which may lead to disrupted behavior.

Ohk. I use Ccleaner quite regularly. I guess not anymore. Thanks for the info.

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Went ahead and bought the Samsung Evo 840 from primeabgb and I'm totally satisfied with the performance and the boot times. (Though my first SSD so maybe I dunno the potential of SSD's :p).

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Not quite reliable as MLC, but that shouldn't be deal breaker. Hardware.Info tests lifespan of Samsung SSD 840 250GB TLC SSD [Updated with final conclusion] | Hardware.Info United States

sniperz1

Journeyman
Went ahead and bought the Samsung Evo 840 from primeabgb and I'm totally satisfied with the performance and the boot times. (Though my first SSD so maybe I dunno the potential of SSD's :p).

How much did they charge you? I got it for 4900 around a week back. Prime charges a couple of hundreds more than others

Vyom93

Journeyman
i am also going to buy the same SSD and also it my first SSD i want to how to clone the SSD with my HDD does it comes with the some cloning software ?

Top Bottom