Benefits of rooting and how to root yureka

ajayritik

Technomancer
Many friends out her in TDF suggest me to root my yureka.
I seem to be haunted by the battery drain problem on and off.
I believe this can be worked around by installing greenify and for that I need to root.
So kindly guys let me know the benefits of rooting my android and the steps to root my Yureka.

Apologies to guys who already know about my question.

anky

Youngling
as goku mentioned, u can root follow xda and root ur mobile.

Rooting gives u the freedom to do anything to ur device and installing another ROM is one of them (Custom ROM).
You can use many apps like greenify, titanium backup etc which provide lots of advantages. However, these things to be done very carefully and in proper sequence or you will be in much trouble.

One thing i can say form my experience is that first install proper drivers for ur mobile. this is the main issue i face and get stuck in one of the steps.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
However, these things to be done very carefully and in proper sequence or you will be in much trouble.

One thing i can say form my experience is that first install proper drivers for ur mobile. this is the main issue i face and get stuck in one of the steps.
These things make me thinking whether I should be happy not rooting or try take chances with rooting.

There are a number of benefits if you root your Android. Some of them are:

Automotive function
Unlock unseen features and install unsuited apps
Blocks unwanted apps
Backup your phone

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
My Yureka battery is back to it's old tricks. Battery lasts hardly for 12 hours with average use.

A

amit.tiger12

My Yureka battery is back to it's old tricks. Battery lasts hardly for 12 hours with average use.
Use greenify, disable apps not useful..

Lazy to root, want to root quickly, try KingRoot (no data loss etc etc). Install it on device, tap on root. Uninstall root within app.

After rooting you can try greenify (for battery backup), titanium backup (for backup and removing system apps etc etc), lucky patcher (google it), network firewall, hotspot shield (VPN), busybox

Kingroot install purity app (app from same manufacturer), you can try that instead greenify (if you did not like greenify), or uninstall purity and disable it from kingroot.

Other than kingroot, there are many single tap rooting but this works best.

But best way is to root with SuperSU and custom recovery (check XDA Developers).
Custom recovery allows you to flash zip files of custom rom, custom kernel, modified system files etc etc
Then you can try "xposed" app if you don't want to install custom rom, and want custom rom features.
There are many apps useful if you root device.

As per xda (all below)
Advantages of rooting

-De-bloat your*phone. Uninstall any unwanted system apps.
-More control over how the CPU acts. This can increase performance or battery life, depends on how you configure it.
-More control over power consumption. This implies undervolting your CPU, giving it less power, so it consumes less.
-More control over how apps start up. Prevent apps from starting up when they don't need to.
-Change your Baseband (Radio). Try different radio versions, with the purpose of reducing battery drain or improving your signal strength.*
-Flash custom ROMs. Bored of the stock ROM and look? Browse through the hundreds of custom ROMs provided by this community, each having different features and looks.
-Backups. The ability to completely backup your*phone, and fully restoring it to the time of the backup. This is done with a Nandroid Backup (we'll talk about this later)
-Mods and Inovations. Use many mods, fixes, tweaks or features created by the community!
-Custom Kernels. As a*Nexus*device, the*Nexus*5 will have tons of kernels with different features, supporting better performance, or battery life! To see what a kernel is, keep reading.
-Run apps that need Root Permission. These apps can be very useful, like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Terminal Emulator and many others!

Disadvantages of rooting

-Rooting will void your warranty (Although reverting root is very easy)
-The process a bit dangerous. Something could (99.9% probably not, but still) go wrong, and end up bricking your*phone. So, yes, the process is 0.1% risky. You can end up deleting everything on your*phone. You'll have to handle this process gently and with care.
-You will be able to do a lot more mistakes. These may cause damage to your*phone*(But hey, that's why we have these kind of threads, eh?)
-No more over the air official updates. You'll have to update your*phone*manually, through your recovery. (Which isn't that hard)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom