BB 8520 For Mum | Best Deal?

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Hello, i urgently need a phone for mum, it is a surprise so wont ask her the type she'll be comfortable with.
Initially had plans of nokia for ease of usage, but i am a NO NO to NOkia, so thinking of BB Curve 8520(WHITE) now.
Can you suggest me a best deal for it!
It is available for 9800 @ Flipkart and 9600 @ Letsbuy!

No touch screen or qwerty recommendations!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Seriously I think moms would prefer touchscreen phones. My mom wants one too. But the bb you posted IS a qwerty.

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
LOL i meant no other qwerty's :p (escape out :D )
No Touch screen as slight xtra care z req nd a few other factors such as urgent call when cooking ansrng wid oilly kinda hands!! LOL um i going too deep :D

Err...Is that a mistake? 8520 IS a qwerty!! By your choice, I take it that your budget is 10k ?

Seriously I think moms would prefer touchscreen phones. My mom wants one too. But the bb you posted IS a qwerty.

True dat, max budget <10k, shortlisted BB 8520, looking for money saving deals!!:wink:

choudang

Padawan
i would suggest 9300 curve ... but you need to go for 12K .. best deal with voda for free BBM 1 year.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Then why go for a Blackberry? If she doesnt want to use BBM!
Anyways! Its your choice!
I would've recommended the Nokia E72(SOLID Build, Nice keyboard and a overall V.Good phone) IF you could find it, but like you said before, you hate Nokias for some reason so I guess the BB is your only option.
Id suggest you look else where! You can get the 8520 for much less! Where do you live? My friend got this phone for Rs.9600 in July 2011 from Noida!!!

Even thoughthe fall in exchange rates (USD to INR) did cause BlackBerrys phone rates to rise but I think they should be back to normal by now.

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Then why go for a Blackberry? If she doesnt want to use BBM!
Anyways! Its your choice!
I would've recommended the Nokia E72(SOLID Build, Nice keyboard and a overall V.Good phone) IF you could find it, but like you said before, you hate Nokias for some reason so I guess the BB is your only option.
Id suggest you look else where! You can get the 8520 for much less! Where do you live? My friend got this phone for Rs.9600 in July 2011 from Noida!!!

Even thoughthe fall in exchange rates (USD to INR) did cause BlackBerrys phone rates to rise but I think they should be back to normal by now.

I dont have a great reason for the NO NO feel to NOkia, but it is just inherent. And for females, phones are generally style statement, nothing else as in the looks must be neat! So BB for that reason. It is available on Ebay for 9480! It is the min i could find.
Pune is where i am looking for the phone.

saswat23

Human Spambot
But why did you switch back to Touch Screens?
If you really feel that your mom will be using all the features of a BB or an Android then fine, else i would suggest you to get her a Dual SIM Bar QWERTY phone instead like the Nokia Asha 200. I bet she will be very comfortable using a Nokia Phone than others.

Touchsreen IMO wont be that great option for MOMs, reason: you have already mentioned it above. But if you think she would be comfortable with a Touchscreen, then its upto you. Galaxy Y will be a good choice under 10k, so is the Nokia 500. Explorer will cost around 10.5k.

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Skip Galaxy Y... Get your Mom a HTC Explorer @10k or less...

Its good you decided to dump Blackberry, it was junk...

But why did you switch back to Touch Screens?
If you really feel that your mom will be using all the features of a BB or an Android then fine, else i would suggest you to get her a Dual SIM Bar QWERTY phone instead like the Nokia Asha 200. I bet she will be very comfortable using a Nokia Phone than others.

Touchsreen IMO wont be that great option for MOMs, reason: you have already mentioned it above. But if you think she would be comfortable with a Touchscreen, then its upto you. Galaxy Y will be a good choice under 10k, so is the Nokia 500. Explorer will cost around 10.5k.

Strict budget, getting Galaxy Y for 6700 from Ebay with 1 year manufacturer's warranty! And a NO NO to NOkia! ;)

Top Bottom