Battlefield 4

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Do you use V-Sync?

off or on .. doesn't matter. but majority is in physics due to my CPU i5 2400.

Just few days ago I cleaned my PC and upgraded my PSU, facing massive drops since then. I had also reapplied thermal compound. the CPU temps hover at 50-60 on idle and 80 on load. should have bought new heatsink instead of CM V1 thermal paste.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sometimes V-Sync can be faulty and might inadvertently cause frame drops as the game tries to throttle the GPU. Check once with V-Sync off as well to confirm that framedrops are indeed due to graphics.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Sometimes V-Sync can be faulty and might inadvertently cause frame drops as the game tries to throttle the GPU. Check once with V-Sync off as well to confirm that framedrops are indeed due to graphics.

I keep it off for BF4 as drops do occur frequently. also my monitor is a 144Hz one, so I would never get hit that limit in BF4 in game even doesnt matter if I set the VSync for BF4 :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
70+ is sufficient to play. When does it drop?

I don't believe I've noticed any framedrops myself.

Hrishi

How much difference do you guys feel in a 144mhz vs 60hz ?
Is it worth the extra ounce spent. ?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
How much difference do you guys feel in a 144mhz vs 60hz ?
Is it worth the extra ounce spent. ?
Actually, few days ago I set the monitor refresh rate to 60 and checked, the difference was quite noticeable. I will run the test again with same monitor (60 & 144) and my secondary monitor (60) and let you know.

Top Bottom