Battlefield 3 vs Modern Warfare 3

BATTLEFIELD 3 vs. MODERN WARFARE 3

• Total voters

Drumminggeek

Broken In
Well basically.... BF3 has better gameplay, graphics etc..
BUT MW3 has a good story and more entertainment value....so...MW3 wins for me....but by a small margin:grin:

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
just bought mw3,
and it feels like i wasted my money...
gameplay and graphics are not good than battlefield 3..
story i'll find out....

healerneil

Broken In
Ambivalent as of yet....lets wait for the price to come down..at this price it is very easy to make a decision as which one to savour this winter :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Do you own both the games?Have you played CoD online?It is a multiplayer game first.Going by (stupid) SP comparisons,BF3's single player campaign is distinctly average.

Feels as stale as the predecessor. COD4/5 were good and MW2/3 are terrible.

COD is a 1:1 (SP:MP) title. Many buy the game only for SP. BF3 has a longer and better campaign, even though its a 1:4 (SP:MP) title.

Obviously you have no idea that COD sells better on consoles (90% revenue)...and they play multiplayer more according to you (not including splitscreen because it cannot be done on PC) :lol:

In fact, the PC version's dedicated servers are only unranked, so you do not gain exp and unlock new weapons, which defeats the purpose of reintroducing dedicated servers.

Go to the metacritic website and look at the user reviews.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Call of duty 1 and 2 might have been "1:1". Face it,people buy Modern Warfare games for MP.
And why are you going on about PC?The thread is about CoD vs BF3 the games.It is only fair if comparisons are done between their best versions.PC or console has nothing to do with it.

Oh,and BF3's campaign is plain boring.I don't care much though because I bought it for MP.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I said "many" not "most".

I would not compare a console to a PC. The PC is the only platform capable of showing a game engine's full potential, which is why I go on about PC.

If people buy MW only for MP then the console version should not sell more than PC.

Face it, COD4 got critical acclaim because it had awesome SP AND MP. That is how COD in general is viewed.

COD6 removed dedicated server support, had too short a campaign, which made the game boring (low replay value). Spec Ops was fun, but not long. COD4 on PC still had more players online at any given time compared to MW2 on PC. All my friends who give a rats ass about COD tend to agree with me.

COD8 brought back dedicated server support, but the purpose of bringing it back was defeated because dedicated servers would only be unranked (no level ups, weapon unlocks or exp). Over that the added COD ELite BS where to get DLC you have to pay $50 a year?! You had to pay $15 per DLC on COD6/7, and it was free on PC in COD4.
When activision scum took over they decided to overprice everything, and so most of the team left.

Even if the best versions are compared, i.e. X360 MW3 and PC BF3, BF3 still wins.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Yeah BF3 is better than MW3,because of superior tech and fresh MP.However for me CoD has better campaign mode and a fun MP which the fans of the series will enjoy.
What I can't stand is people jumping on "MW is sh1t bandwagon" without even giving it a go.

Btw. this perception is totally wrong.
If people buy MW only for MP then the console version should not sell more than PC.
People buy games for whichever gaming platform they have.Most have consoles.
Infact the MP community is much larger on consoles.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
On consoles you don't get a good MP experience unless it is split-screen.

I have played MW1,2,BO on PS3 and X360 so I know.

However for me CoD has better campaign mode and a fun MP which the fans of the series will enjoy.

I used to be a fan...

On MW3 there is minimal learning curve while BF3 is 99% about realism, so you have to adapt to the game.

How can you actually enjoy the MP if there are no dedicated servers (bringing ping and bandwidth quality into question)?

Last edited:

Drumminggeek

Broken In
Call of duty 1 and 2 might have been "1:1". Face it,people buy Modern Warfare games for MP.
And why are you going on about PC?The thread is about CoD vs BF3 the games.It is only fair if comparisons are done between their best versions.PC or console has nothing to do with it.

Oh,and BF3's campaign is plain boring.I don't care much though because I bought it for MP.

i feel that people buy the MW or even other CoD games' multiplayer cuz they don't wanna test out something new....(move away from their comfort zones). I mean... play CoD for the SP... but play the BF series for the best, most realistic MP on the planet!!

cyborg47

Technomancer
i feel that people buy the MW or even other CoD games' multiplayer cuz they don't wanna test out something new....(move away from their comfort zones). I mean... play CoD for the SP... but play the BF series for the best, most realistic MP on the planet!!

Agreed! MW for cavemen! *no offence* :D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
though i play both, i don't like both the cows.

the future poll would be

csgo vs cod: mw8 vs cod:red ops vs cod:spacewarfare2 vs bf7 vs bf:worstcompany4 and csgo hands down.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

You are right about that.But there is nothing wrong with playing what you like to play (point of gaming)

Prongs298

In the zone
i just stared playing Battlefield 3, and i have to say the gameplay and graphics and feel of the game is ages better than modern warfare 3.

But i remember a time in mw3 when i was going stealth with soap and then after sometime we encounter a large group of enemies and then soap contacts price on radio and price appears on the top of a building in front of us and soap says we're outnumbered, and then price says that " I brought some friends ", then friends appear on both his sides and theres thunder. Badass.

I think this scene beats every other game, leave alone bf3.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me both are good - I liked the realistic action of BF3 and enjoyed shooting down lots of tangos in MW3 - but if I have to vote one my vote goes with BF3 for it's more realstic action and story but still I feel BFBC2 was much more better ;-)

Top Bottom