Battlefield 3 discussion!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
How to Melee Kill in battlefield 3 using a Xbox 360 Controller on PC

Finally figured out how to melee kill using controller :D this is what works for me.

Q: How to Melee Kill in battlefield 3 using a Xbox 360 Controller on PC
A: Hold Right Bumper (RB) to select Knife, hit the Right Trigger(RT) near the enemy. This will cause Melee kill ..

A: Go behind the enemy and hit Right Bumper(RB).

No wonder I have only two kills till now :p

EDIT: Tapping the Right Bumper does take out the knife, but I have never achieved a Melee kill that way.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
guys i got promo code for Get Back to Karkand DLC for free with the purchase of Battlefield™ 3 from Sapphire Select Club Promotions, when this promotion launched.
i dont need it and if anybody needs it can pm me for code. its valid till April 30, 2012.
and for using it you need to do this -
Follow these steps to redeem your code:

1. Go to Origin and add the PC downloadable version of Battlefield 3™ to your order.

2. Enter your code in the Promo Code field and click "Apply"; a complimentary downloadable copy of Back to Karkand will be added to your order.

3. Complete your purchase.

given away!!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you guys know the "Are these subtitles" video? well these guys made a version of it in BF3 :p

[YOUTUBE]RtachPXZ0hc[/YOUTUBE]

Only in Battlefield 3 Community Video Challenge - Thanks to DigitalDude for sharing the link.

jsm17

Broken In
hi all
i just installed battlefield 3 yesterday and tried downloading the updates but origin cant download the updates and whenever i try to update the game it shows me download speed above the maximum download speed of my connection and after some time shows that the download is completed and restarts downloading and keeps on repeating the process

if anyone has a working link to manual update or a solution to this problem please tell me

my current version of origin is 8.4.1.210

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hi all
i just installed battlefield 3 yesterday and tried downloading the updates but origin cant download the updates and whenever i try to update the game it shows me download speed above the maximum download speed of my connection and after some time shows that the download is completed and restarts downloading and keeps on repeating the process

if anyone has a working link to manual update or a solution to this problem please tell me

my current version of origin is 8.4.1.210

try this

Eh , not for me. I played BF3 last night (after a long duration..explained below), my pings were pretty normal.

I managed to (FINALLY) update the game using the manual patch method (skip to end of post). Origin kept pushing me back a few GB each time I shutdown the PC and restarted (Several users had this issue).

For instance, I would d/l till 3.4 GB and then shutdown the pc. On the next restart, Origin would resume from 2.2 GB :O , and in one instance it actually started from 144 MB :\ . Well, this **** continued for quite some time, until I finally managed to find a user who had hosted the entire patch on his private server. Used his instructions to do a manual update.

EA should really fix Origin, it's a broken piece of s**t.

For those with trouble updating using Origin , here's the godsend :

*falconevo-blog.no-ip.org/index.php/2011/12/08/battlefield-3-manual-patch-update/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, it's removed :

On direct request from Bioware.

I have been requested to remove the content relating to their game. I did state initially I would always remove this content if requested directly.

Apologies to all the people who rely on me to provide patch updates manually. However you will now be forced to deal with the Customer Support and Bioware technical support for your patching woes.

I would rather not have any legal ramifications to my work and support of the Bioware product.

Kind Regards,
FalconEvo

FalconEvo

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BTW guys, there are loads of 16 player server which are completely empty . we should all jump into these server and play against each other :D it will be fun !! :D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Holeh! Anyway, It's been like 4 months, my pre'd copy of BF3 is sittin' idle. I haven't even opened the cover of it, of course I couldn't 'cause I was far away from my beloved. But since I've pre'd it, I must have B2K, rite? There'll no "0H SH1Z!" moments when I try to enable B2K? I mean, I haven't activated my copy of BF3 for 4 months...... you know, the key might have vanished or somethin' like that. It's totally fine, ye?

panvirgo89

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I have a q6600 and 4 gig ram with an 8800gt .......
Should i buy bf3, will it work atleast say medium settings on 1440x900 resolution.... i am ready to comprise but the gameplay should be smooth .... i should be able to kill people :p
Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Which is the best weapon in its class?

for me

Asault : M16A3
Recon: SV98
Support: M249
Engineer: G36C

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I use M16 in big maps and F2000 in close quarters for assault.Famas is also decent for mid range fighting.Red dot scope and foregrip on all of them.

M4A1 and G36C for engineer.
L96 for sniper
M249 for Support

I am only satisfied with my assault combinations though, still experimenting with other classes in the little time I give to them.Maybe because I am flying a jet or driving a tank all the time :p

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I use M16 in big maps and F2000 in close quarters for assault.Famas is also decent for mid range fighting.Red dot scope and foregrip on all of them.

M4A1 and G36C for engineer.
L96 for sniper
M249 for Support

I am only satisfied with my assault combinations though, still experimenting with other classes in the little time I give to them.Maybe because I am flying a jet or driving a tank all the time :p
Or doing what you used to have stated under "interests" in your profile.

Btw, it's not fun to play this game with logitech dfgt :/

Top Bottom