Battlefield 3 discussion!

tkin

Back to school!!
Great, I don't care much about steam but this "Have to" use client is really pi$$ing me off, if I buy the game retail why would I need to use origin? Why can't be it like Mass Effect 2?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great, I don't care much about steam but this "Have to" use client is really pi$$ing me off, if I buy the game retail why would I need to use origin? Why can't be it like Mass Effect 2?

Ain't Steam was must for HL2? I would be happy if it just let me install the game from the DVD instead of downloading the whole **** from internet despite having the disk. :mad:

tkin

Back to school!!
Ain't Steam was must for HL2? I would be happy if it just let me install the game from the DVD instead of downloading the whole **** from internet despite having the disk. :mad:
That's what I mean, I don't care about steam, I don't need it at all, I hate a client running in background and directing how I should play a game, or how it must patch the game as soon as it starts(with patches being as large as 300-500 MB), just give me the plain game, oh well, I guess I'll just buy the game and use a crack that bypasses the client.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing to be paranoid about. Origin is fine.

99.5% of the people buy FPS games for playing online. So, whether a client runs or not - is moot.

err...you haven't used Steam - so don't comment.

I didn't mean to sound rude here. Apologies. The thing is, I had explained regarding Steam downloads before: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1472246-post25.html

Also, you'd know games like Mafia II and Metro 2033 come locked with Steam if you have played them.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Nothing to be paranoid about. Origin is fine.

99.5% of the people buy FPS games for playing online. So, whether a client runs or not - is moot.

err...you haven't used Steam - so don't comment.

On a serious note, don't post for the sake of it. Time to slow down.
I do not have issues with it, its just that I have limited internet plan, so whenever I connect to internet if the client downloads large patches(like Dirt 3, 600MB) I will go bankrupt, I do this kind of downloads in the night(after 2am), so I want to play this game in offline mode, the reason for which I never bought HAWX 2 or AC 2(until the crack came out).

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not have issues with it, its just that I have limited internet plan, so whenever I connect to internet if the client downloads large patched(like Dirt 3, 600MB) I will go bankrupt, I do this kind of downloads in the night(after 2pm), so I want to play this game in offline mode, the reason for which I never bought HAWX 2 or AC 2(until the crack came out).
I think Origin will implement offline mode. ;)

Digital distribution is anyways not for you if you have a limited plan.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Steam & Origin are very good concepts IMO.. I just added my genuine Crysis, Crysis 2 & Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit keys to it & they became available on my account.. Now I don't have to worry if I damage my discs.. Only regret is that, broadband speed in India sucks balls..

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Steam & Origin are very good concepts IMO.. I just added my genuine Crysis, Crysis 2 & Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit keys to it & it became available on my account.. Now I don't have to worry if I damage my discs.. Only regret is that, broadband speed in India sucks balls..
yup, and despite the fact that broadband in India being poor, most gamers are pirates in India.

Isn't it really ironical?

tkin

Back to school!!
I think Origin will implement offline mode. ;)

Digital distribution is anyways not for you if you have a limited plan.
I only have a limited plan cause all unlimited plans from BSNL have cr@p FUP, Airtel is not available where I live.

I buy games in retail(a very few :grin: ), due to horrible condition in India Digital Distribution is not an option for me, so I need an offline mode. Once I authorize the game I don't need to go online ever.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^^Who said all unlimited plans from BSNL have FUP?? I'm using UL750 without any problems since last 4 years.. I pay 600 for it now as my dad is a govt. employee..

Secondly, Crysis 2's multiplayer is great.. it works on 512kbps.. can't wait for Battlefield 3 which I've already preordered..

tejaslok

Journeyman
there are only 2 servers for bf:bc2 and i cant find any indian servers there ?

in other servers my latency is 250+

anyways i hope some more servers will be there for bf3 :puff:

There were many serves of Bc2 when the game first released. And some server distributors were kind enough to make serves in India as well. But they never got any players. So they vanished.

varunb

Working in an IT company
At least one user has reported receiving a free EA game in response to pre-ordering Battlefield 3 through EA’s own digital distribution platform, Origin.

The lucky gamer received an email notification of the deal, which he flagged with Ars Technica:

“As a special thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3 early at Origin, we’re offering you a bonus PC digital download game. Please apply the code below at the shopping cart to redeem one PC Digital version of one of our recommended shooter titles: Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 or Medal of Honor. The price will be reduced to $0 after applying the code at your shopping cart. Hurry—this offer is only good for the month of August, and is exclusive to Origin customers only.”

Something similar happened to me when I had preordered Crysis 2 from EA download manager (as it was called back then) cos I had received Crysis 1 completely free with my purchase.

Origin pre-orders also net access to the game’s multiplayer beta along with the usual extras.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

I think you've got this totally wrong man. I have a retail copy of L4D2 and after installing it from the DVD , Steam just downloaded some updates for me. It was over quite quickly.

If you really did have the disk , you shouldn't have had to download the whole thing.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not sure if it's been posted before but here's the Caspian Border Gameplay trailer:

[youtube]m8S_eEv_A5k&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

TickTock

Broken In
Battlefield 3 Gets Co-op Mode
Need another reason to get excited for Battlefield 3? Co-op mode confirmed. EA announced the addition today at Gamescom with an onstage demo of two players working their way through a dark compound that led into the street. Ground and air vehicles are confirmed for the mode and so is "tight urban warfare." Look for a revival system and some ridiculous cursing and screaming from the in-game characters when the game ships this October.

Source: Battlefield 3 Gets Co-op Mode

Co-op Trailer: Battlefield 3 PS3 Co-Op Demo from Gamescom 2011 - YouTube

Soumik99

Journeyman
Battlefield 3 system requirements revealed | PC Gamer

These are the real requirements by the way.. I guess anything between the minimum and the recommended(which are for the max settings) should be fine. The video was by nvidia and a little bit of advertising couldn't hurt(for them).

For a bit a comparison , you can look at this too>>
Arma 3 system requirements

Top Bottom