Battlefield 2142: An Awesum Game !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
First of all I acknowledge that I haven't played BF2 and this is my first BF Game.
I was not able to play the MultiPlayer demo because I'm behind a Firewall and I played this full release in Offline single player mode to my heart's full.

1) The loading time of this game is like hell. It took about 10 sec for the game to start and the first logo video to appear and then took about 20-25 seconds for game loading and shader optimizing. The game was quite playable (25-37 FPS) on my system at the following settings:

*img140.imageshack.us/img140/306/screenie1mp8.th.jpg

2) Both the Conquest and the Titan Modes are excellent. There is a crash issue in the Titan Mode and you need to update the game to v1.01 to fix this issue. There are detailed tutorials on how to play these modes and is very helpful to starters.

*img169.imageshack.us/img169/205/screenie2sf9.th.jpg

*img170.imageshack.us/img170/8749/screenie3bk5.th.jpg

3) The following screenies are from Conquest mode in Suez Canal map. The graphical effects are very good (with cool HDR implementation). The weapons are varied and great but you are allowed to carry two guns at a time. Also you can carry a knife and a medical kit.

*img178.imageshack.us/img178/4444/screenie4nn7.th.jpg

*img139.imageshack.us/img139/9231/screenie5ch6.th.jpg

4) A great game no doubt (from the viewpoint that I never played BF2) but quite buggy with some crashes in a 2 hr long session and supposedly incorporated with a Spyware (IGA Worldwide). This spyware is supposed to deliver targeted in-game ads whenever you are connected to the net. I scanned the folder but Ad-aware didn’t detect any form of spyware probably becoz the definitions have no record of it. Kaspersky Firewall also didn’t report any unusual internet activity.

5) My Rating: 8.5/10.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Man, you really gave a good initial review. Now I am in a really good mood to download the demo and try it. By the way, what is the config of your system?

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Thanx buddy !!!! :) :)

If you have a really good broadband connection with no debarring firewall then you can get the demo which is MULTIPLAYER only. You also need to have an EA account to login and play the game. I was not able to play the DEMO.

My system config is there in my sig. :)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
rockthegod said:
Thanx buddy !!!! :) :)

If you have a really good broadband connection with no debarring firewall then you can get the demo which is MULTIPLAYER only. You also need to have an EA account to login and play the game. I was not able to play the DEMO.

My system config is there in my sig. :)
Then where do I get the single player mode? I want to try out the single player mode only.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
On what resolution were you playing the game?

An average of 25-37FPS is by no means playable. A playable frame rate for any FPS in never below 40-50FPS at the minimum.

I think you are getting a very very low score for your graphic card. Try overclocking the CPU to 3.2-3.4GHz, see if that increases scores. I would expet a 6800GT to perform decently at 10x7 MAX no AA atleast, provided there is 2GB RAM though, however RAM often doesn't change FPS but makes things smoother and removes stuttering.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Thanx tech_mastermind !!! :)

akshayt said:
On what resolution were you playing the game?

An average of 25-37FPS is by no means playable. A playable frame rate for any FPS in never below 40-50FPS at the minimum.

I think you are getting a very very low score for your graphic card. Try overclocking the CPU to 3.2-3.4GHz, see if that increases scores. I would expet a 6800GT to perform decently at 10x7 MAX no AA atleast, provided there is 2GB RAM though, however RAM often doesn't change FPS but makes things smoother and removes stuttering.

The Res. was 10x7 .... yeah... the FPS figures were somewat low as I expected around 45-50 FPS.. but my SUCKO motherboard 865 GBF (Still remember that it won the best mid range motherboard award in DIGIT) acts as a severe bottleneck to 6800 chipset in AGP 8X along with the 2.6 GHz processor and the RAM..

The sys. settings I am playing at were optimum with no hitches... seen that the FPS never went down below 25. :)

Probably, you hafta wait !!! Or if u hv a LAN, then you can run a dedicated SERVER on a computer and connect there. I hvn't tried it myself but have seen that a dedicated server for the demo is available. :)

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
No, AGP 8x has got nothing to do with your performance. Almost/All cards today do almost equally well with 8x, 16x is just around close to 0 to 10% gain on average.
Even if you were given that extra 8x, how much could your performance anyway benefit, maybe 5-10% or so, that doesn't call for such a performance hit.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
nopes, I was taking about AGP 8X vs PCI-E .... I was thinking that if my 6800 GT was on PCI-E then it obviously wud do better than AGP 8X.....

and akshayt... by 16X r u meaning a 16-lane PCI-E ?

shaunak

Tux Fan
akshayt said:
On a system like mine, and graphics like this, ill even call 12fps playable!:p

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Found out the specific bottleneck. In my nVidia driver settings, the Image Quality was set to Very High and all the optimization factors were turned on. Just changed the image quality to "performance" and turned all optimizations off, the FPS increased to around 47. :)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
8x PCI E or 8xAGP shouldn't make a difference, 8x means 8 X 133MBps bandwidth, or is it 133Mbps, I think the former.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
guys what abt the sys req.. gamespot says that bf2142 uses the same engine as bf2. so i am guessing that the req are some what similar to bf2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom