Batman : Arkham Knight

gameranand

Living to Play
Wow, how did they screw this up so badly? Arkham Asylum and City ran flawlessly on PC. I thought the newer gen consoles would make it easier to port titles because of the similar architectures.

Oh you are so wrong. These games were terrible at launch. Only after some patches they got better.
I hope most of the people get refund for this game, let them learn a lesson.

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm really very very disappointed with the way the pc version of arkham knight has turned out-I had great faith in Rocksteady as their work with the previous instalments of the Arkham games was nothing short of stellar,more so in case of the pc versions which were really quite well optimized and ran well even on mid-range systems.I was really looking forward to playing Arkham knight and with each and every new gameplay trailer and videos that were released during the weeks before launch,my expectations and anticipations increased tenfold.

However today in the morning I was in for a completely unexpected and rude shock when,upon opening the steam store page for arkham knight i discovered scores of negative reviews that have been left by the disillusioned pc gamers who had preordered the game or had purchased it shortly after launch-i couldn't believe it at first-it was really astonishing and stupefying to see such grossly negative reviews for something that has been developed by Rocksteady,a studio which has a proven track record of developing good pc ports of their games and had shown a great sense of commitment and dedication towards pc gamers in the past.Apart from the overwhelming performance issues and glitches,many gamers have also reported that the visuals in this game are downright disappointing as it uses low res textures in many areas and has a dull and washed out kind of an appearance,which really surprised and baffled me as the game looked pretty impressive in the trailers that had been shown by the developers earlier.On the top of that,the game is riddled with the accursed denuvo DRM,which is known to cause serious performance issues even on hi-end systems having oodles of ram and top of the line gpus.How could rocksteady possibly have buggered up this (highly anticipated)game so badly-even after several delays and missed release dates the game that we finally get is nearly unplayable upon launch!! Did they do any sort of testing at all before releasing this useless half-baked product?

As i dont have a fast internet connection i was planning on getting the retail version of the game but after learning that the retail discs only contain around 8 gb of the game and people are required to download an additional 30-35 gb of data from steam in order to play it,i'm having second thoughts about buying the retail copy-whats the point of buying the game from retail if one still has to download several GBs of data from the internet-is it supposed to be some kind of stupid practical joke?!!

So it seems with a very heavy heart,i'll have to give arkham knight a miss-a game for which i had very high expectations and had planned on buying it immediately after launch-looks like WB and Rocksteady have really screwed us over this time around!

Last edited:

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Oh you are so wrong. These games were terrible at launch. Only after some patches they got better.
I hope most of the people get refund for this game, let them learn a lesson.

Well, I played both the earlier games well after their launch. (Started Arkham City last year and haven't played even 30% yet :lol:). I hope the devs can fix this one like the earlier games in a year or two (By which time I shall hopefully be done with Witcher 3 and GTA 5 :lol:).

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
WB has not activated the key for indian region it seems.

>stuttering
>no much gfx options
>other bullshit glitches
>clunky batcar
>5 DVD 7GB install :rofl:
and now this.
Fantastic.Icing on the turd cake

abhidev

Human Spambot
WB has not activated the key for indian region it seems.

>stuttering
>no much gfx options
>other bullshit glitches
>clunky batcar
>5 DVD 7GB install :rofl:
and now this.
Fantastic.Icing on the turd cake

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was hoping to buy this game...but I guess I'll wait....wanna see reviews for JC3

ashs1

Padawan
Staying away from this game at the moment. .. Hopefully, all the bugs and glitches get sorted out soon so that I can kick scarecrows a$$

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
is this a marketing stunt to get more attention?
this much worst condition @ launch I haven't seen for any game.

amjath

Human Spambot
is this a marketing stunt to get more attention?
this much worst condition @ launch I haven't seen for any game.

No, forcing PC gamers to buy console. I agree console piracy is also available but PC piracy >>>>> console piracy,

Alok

Adventurer
For some reason I was not hyped about this game :/ To me Batman game franchise means only Arkham Asylum and Arkham City so far.

Still Arkham Knight is a game that people were hyped about and PC players paid full price so dev should be ashamed of giving us such poor experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the point in showing all Nvidia exlusive gameworks effects that was supposed to avail on PC only. Everything was a lie in the face.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
No, forcing PC gamers to buy console. I agree console piracy is also available but PC piracy >>>>> console piracy,

Haah...they will never succeed.
switching to console from PC is a personal preference.
Not gonna happen.

We will have to wait for the patch

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Haah...they will never succeed.
switching to console from PC is a personal preference.
Not gonna happen.

We will have to wait for the patch
Chill. They will patch it. Just was bad idea to preorder. Have patience people. And clear your backlog instead!

You won't believe that i still haven't played a huge list of this gen AAA including watch dogs, AC 4 onwards, shadow if mordor, etc while my roommate has already played all (you know how )

sutta_boy

Broken In
**** just got real for Ubisoft, just when they thought that no game developer can compete with them in bad optimization, Rocksteady appears to give them competition.

gameranand

Living to Play
And there were some who kept posting that tw3 should not be released along side bman AK coz AK would blow away tw3 and no1 would buy tw3.

P.S if you guys remember, both games had their first release date in the same week last year.

If it wasn't for F4, I would have given GOTY to TW3 already.

Top Bottom