Batman : Arkham Knight

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
DVD only installs 8 GB of the game rest you have to download,

Steam Community: physical version 5 disk, only installed 8 gigs??? DLing another 25 gigs???

Steam Community: Everyone with Retail Version must DL over 30GB? Please Help
Don't sell Retail....instead download whole copy digitally
only buy franchise (toys/t-shirts etc)

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Wow, how did they screw this up so badly? Arkham Asylum and City ran flawlessly on PC. I thought the newer gen consoles would make it easier to port titles because of the similar architectures.

Flash

Lost in speed
*cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Nvidia-Issues.jpg

*cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Nvidia-Issues-2.jpg

Batman Arkham Knight Is Capped At 30 FPS On PC - Nvidia Users Report Stuttering, Flickering And Crashes

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
*cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Nvidia-Issues.jpg

*cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Nvidia-Issues-2.jpg

Batman Arkham Knight Is Capped At 30 FPS On PC - Nvidia Users Report Stuttering, Flickering And Crashes
Certainly not expected from rocksteady!

Shah

Cyborg Agent
DVD only installs 8 GB of the game rest you have to download,

Steam Community: physical version 5 disk, only installed 8 gigs??? DLing another 25 gigs???

Steam Community: Everyone with Retail Version must DL over 30GB? Please Help

Saw that. It is gonna take ages to download that with the unstable BSNL BB I have. :banghead:
*i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif?1321553488

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
*i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif?1321553488

heh.. that gave me a good chuckle :lol:

good thing I didn't buy it .. for now.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
5 disks for only 8 gb of data.. i guess people should install the steam version, then make a backup and burn those to dvds and sell those to people to get their money back :idea:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Doesn't seem like it. I mean the game doesn't run properly even on the listed recommended and minimum specs alone.
Well its very much possible because they develop on very high end systems. A computer is so complex, there are so many variables.

E.g tw3 was working awesome for me suddenly starts to bsod in every launch. And every other game is working fine in my pc.

So you can't say they didn't test. But yes it possible they only tested on high end systems.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
So they came up with minimum system requirements arbitrarily?

This is just another case of going for the $$$ instead of going through a proper SDLC. Gone are the days when testing involved going through all possible use cases before pushing the release button.

Why do people who pay upfront have to wait for a day one patch and a driver fine tuned for a specific game before they get their money's worth?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
So they came up with minimum system requirements arbitrarily?

This is just another case of going for the $$$ instead of going through a proper SDLC. Gone are the days when testing involved going through all possible use cases before pushing the release button.

Why do people who pay upfront have to wait for a day one patch and a driver fine tuned for a specific game before they get their money's worth?

reminds me of Crysis (2007).. When it launched, no PC at that time could run it at high settings, but atleast Crysis had a very low minimum requirements, this on the otherhand is just plain bad optimization

amjath

Human Spambot
Well its very much possible because they develop on very high end systems. A computer is so complex, there are so many variables.

E.g tw3 was working awesome for me suddenly starts to bsod in every launch. And every other game is working fine in my pc.

So you can't say they didn't test. But yes it possible they only tested on high end systems.
You should check the link posted by [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION], people say 970 and dual 780ti cannot run properly. IMO bad optimisation, not tested properly concentrating more on making money by dlc than giving a proper product.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
You should check the link posted by [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION], people say 970 and dual 780ti cannot run properly. IMO bad optimisation, not tested properly concentrating more on making money by dlc than giving a proper product.
Ow yes. Its definitely about making money. I mean a season pass that costs same as the game. And that too available at launch. It sounds like bioware and mass effect all over again.

amjath

Human Spambot
Ow yes. Its definitely about making money. I mean a season pass that costs same as the game. And that too available at launch. It sounds like bioware and mass effect all over again.
After 2 successful launches they believed people will buy anything at any cost since it is the last game. They do all these and blame PC gamers since consoles gamers buys at any cost exception intended

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Reportedly the game is using Denuvo DRM which could be the cause behind the performance issue. Now I know why pirated games work better. Unfortunately I have a legit copy

Top Bottom